26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Mahrez a lot, and think he’s been in very good form recently, but I’d be surprised if the club were looking to extend his contract right now. His current deal has 1.5 years to run, and he’ll be 32 when it expires. With Palmer and McAtee waiting in the wings, it would make sense for us to hold fire for now.

Think he only has 18 months left no? Expires in 2023. Yeah not sure about this is either, always assumed he’d finish his deal and leave.

although having said that Sterling mahrez and Jesus all expire that year and mahrez probably the only one who’s given an indication of wanting to stay.

There's no indication that he's slowing down anytime soon, so at the very least let's make sure he has a good resale value by making sure his contract isn't close to expiration.

Saying that, you never know what's around the corner with certain players as we've seen with Bernardo and Sterling, so having a guy like Mahrez tied down is a plus for me. He has a lot more to come still.

He's not as consistent as some, but on his day he offers an extremely high quality output.

I like Mahrez a lot, and think he’s been in very good form recently, but I’d be surprised if the club were looking to extend his contract right now. His current deal has 2.5 years to run, and he’ll be 32 when it expires. With Palmer and McAtee waiting in the wings, it would make sense for us to hold fire for now.
Only 18 months left mate.

Thought I read last season that city don’t negotiate new deals with players over 30 until they enter their final year. Can see Mahrez getting a years extension at the end of the season maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.