26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game but still goes missing for big periods
Absolute nonsense. He’s told to stay very wide on the right. When you say think he’s gone missing have a look where the ball is and I’m guessing it might be on the left side of our attack for a few min. His work rate can mo longer be questioned either.

He had gained some weight since the beginning of this season. Not sure if he's asked to do so but apperantly he's a bit stronger in the duel now. On the other hand, he had lost part of his agility and pace which makes him difficult to beat a defender in a 1v1 situation and I noticed his first touch is not that silky as before. Weight gaining cuts both ways, I hope he can find that balance between strengh and agility.
I hope you can find some balance to whatever drugs you’re on if you’re questioning Mahrez’s first touch! This is an absolute classic post. Mahrez didn’t put a long pass under his spell for once today and suddenly ‘His first touch isn’t as silky as before’.

Think he’s actually very under rated by city fans

defensive game and work rate has improved dramatically from when he first came
I thought Mahrez was fantastic yesterday. He never stopped working at both ends of the pitch. Him and Sterling were devastating on both flanks. They ran Leicester ragged. Both of them are performing at a world-class level at present.

I hope you can find some balance to whatever drugs you’re on if you’re questioning Mahrez’s first touch! This is an absolute classic post. Mahrez didn’t put a long pass under his spell for once today and suddenly ‘His first touch isn’t as silky as before’.
Calm down mate. I watched him play since the early days at Leicester and I have said (on previous pages) he has one of the best first touch through out the football history. His first touch is still very good but like I said the lost of agility clearly has a bit impact on his first touch.

I don't make judgement only by that first touch error yesterday. Actually I had this feeling from the beginning of this season by watching him couldn't receive the ball inch-perfectly on his feet sometimes, which made me start to think about the balance between weight gaining and agility.

You can share your opinion for sure but there is no need to be offensive like this.

Last edited:
Calm down mate. I watched him play since the early days at Leicester and I have said (on previous pages) he has one of the best first touch through out the football history. His first touch is still very good but like I said the lost of agility clearly has a bit impact on his first touch.

I don't make judgement only by that first touch error yesterday. Actually I had this feeling from the beginning of this season by watching him couldn't receive the ball inch-perfectly on his feet sometimes, which made me start to think about the balance between weight gaining and agility.

You can share your opinion for sure but there is no need to be offensive like this.
Ok, fair enough I

Yeah, fair enough I went over the top with my reply .Totally disagree with your comment about his touch but enjoy your week mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.