26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree there's some criticism about other aspects of his game, but while he's scoring like this has to play every game. Better GPM than Salah? Wow.

Absolutely beauty of a shot his first goal. His second goal smacking De Gea in the face on the way in was icing on the cake.
That shot for his second goal was off target. It missed De Gea's nose by at least 6 inches and he was lucky to cannon off De Gea's head and onto his shoulders.
Needs to spend more time practicing on the coconut shy's.

The 3 guys you talked about are more into speed than into technique like Mahrez, do you understand the difference in a pitch like we played on in Cameroon ??? ANDDDD the 3 other guys didn’t play in Japoma, which was the worst pitch of the tournament by far. Bella3 do9.
Salah did tho and beat the team that eliminated us, anyway it's okay, Mahrez is going to redeem himself in Cameroon. Manbele3ch.

I think it was the plan. Build up the play on the left, score from mid/right !
Yup. I was wrong upon closer inspection looking at the replay. I was giving kev shit for pushing towards the left and center but a few things

1. maguire and AWB were just awful. It was smart to target them. Telles was much more assured on that side
2, Walker wasn’t having the best game. And he had been pinned back by sancho who did great tbf
3, so this meant KDB and co tore up that left side because you cannot ignore Mahrez and leave him alone, the best way to try to get him out of the game is to play man to man and bully him. So the plan was for Kevin to actually create space for mahrez. if you notice the first half, the left hand side was completely empty, this is also due to AWB’s bad positioning and tendency to go central.
4, now the second half starts, rags have to defend grealish, Kevin and foden or they will run riot so finally Mahrez gets acres of space around the 18 yard box. At this point it’s 60-70th minute and Man U are absolutely exhausted. Mahrez is left free at the end of the game and scores the fourth

so end of the day KDB, Mahrez, and grealish MOTM in that order.

I know Mahrez, he's my favorite player of all time, but i don't think that's a fair argument as other stars like Mané, Salah, Hakimi had no problems in there, without adding the fact that he got married 2 days before the start of the tournament, he was partying in Dubai while the whole team was training for the AFCON, it was just disapointing, but now we all got over it and support him.
Stars like hakimi, and salah had coaches playing to their strengths. Belmadi is 200% at fault. You don’t play route one football with a technical side like Algeria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.