26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was anonymous and shirking it the first half. Two brilliant goals though, lovely finish for the first and can't beat smashing it in de gea's face and in the net for the second

Thought he was anonymous and shirking it the first half. Two brilliant goals though, lovely finish for the first and can't beat smashing it in de gea's face and in the net for the second
I think all our play was down the left first half they were looking to play the cross field ball to him but it wasn't working

He didn't play well in the first half because no bugger passed to him. He said it himself at the post match interview. He touched the ball 4 times (and one touch produced a shot on target and a decent save from DG).
I loved the way he caressed his first into the net. A very special talent.

I agree he was anonymous first half but I didnt feel he was shirking, it's just everything was going down our left side.
When he got the chance to have a go at them in the first half he did and had a good effort where when was up front on his own cut inside and for his shot away.
He also should have been slipped in by de Bruyne on the counter but De Bruyne never made the pass.

We just seemed to overload on the left exclusively in the first half.

Loved the smile on his face when the fourth goal was given. I’ve never been his biggest fan, but I can totally appreciate the magnificent contribution he is making this season.

Didn't really do much in the first half because we'd clearly identified AWB as the weakness in United's defence and focused all our efforts on messing him around. Mahrez did have that shot De Gea saved at 2-1, which would have buried them before half-time.

Got much more involved in the second half and took both his goals really well. Could just be a purple patch, but I reckon if he carries on like this into next season he could be within a shot of notching up 100 City goals before he leaves - not something to be taken lightly at all.

I just knew he was going to score that 1v1 in the last minute. The bloke is clinical. Love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.