26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought nasri went under the radar for what he produced, yet mahrez for me is twice the player but gets twice the grief, always gotta be a scapegoat I guess

Personally, I’d be prepared to let him go to Barcelona or PSG or wherever if the right money came in. He has scored some goals, but he is a little one dimensional for me. Other than the right side of a front 3 he does not play well anywhere else from what I have seen and lacks the versatility of others in our squad. He’s 31, not overly quick and is one of our worst pressers / defensively. I do acknowledge that this year and for about 2-months last season he has scored some important goals, however i don’t think his all round game and contribution to the team is irreplaceable and I feel that some others, if given a consistent run in that position could have similar output (amd better all round performance)!and provide a little more defensively than what Mahrez brings. The above may not be popular, especially given his goal tally this season, however if we want a return for Mahrez, now would be the time.

Personally, I’d be prepared to let him go to Barcelona or PSG or wherever if the right money came in. He has scored some goals, but he is a little one dimensional for me. Other than the right side of a front 3 he does not play well anywhere else from what I have seen and lacks the versatility of others in our squad. He’s 31, not overly quick and is one of our worst pressers / defensively. I do acknowledge that this year and for about 2-months last season he has scored some important goals, however i don’t think his all round game and contribution to the team is irreplaceable and I feel that some others, if given a consistent run in that position could have similar output (amd better all round performance)!and provide a little more defensively than what Mahrez brings. The above may not be popular, especially given his goal tally this season, however if we want a return for Mahrez, now would be the time.
Lots of whataboutism in your post. Mahrez’s overall play has been excellent and he tracks back very effectively now. His issue has been his selfishness at times but that’s completely different to saying he doesn’t have a good all round play (you said it isn’t irreplaceable, I disagree, city look completely lost at times without him)

Horrible referees. CAF makes fifa look benevolent. Some of the match fixing is just blatant and the Algeria-Cameroon game is not even the worst of it.

Wtf. Some posters need to to take a good hard look at themselves. He is, was, and always has been one of most effective players.
Some 'happy' to see him and Sterling leave while bigging up every ordinary Grealish performance as world beating. This place is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.