26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same feeling I have, too much pressure on Mahrez to score as he is the least "worst" in clinical finishing, but that doesnt make him clinical in general.

Our best forward player tonight but no end product ,a lot of weight on his shoulders as top scorer and doesnt usually let us down , has to be one of the first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season , because he will score his fair share of goals.

Easily our best attacking player tonight, yes a fair few of our best chances fell to him and he should have buried not just 1 but a few of them minimum but you can forgive him leaving his shooting boots at home tonight when he's the clubs top scorer. His overall play was head and shoulders above the rest of the attack, offered a genuine threat unlike the rest.

People are all too quick to instantly ignore the fact most of our play comes from the left and for large parts of the game his role is to play the position knowing full well he isn't going to touch it for a long time. To do that for the team and still be our most threatening forward shows he's doing his role exceptionally well. He's the only one of our attackers who so far has produced a season that's deserving of a winners medal.

Well, I said it before the beginning of the season. There’s some situations where the wingers will have a tough time connecting with the center forward. I’ll have to rewatch the game but chances are that’s what it was. Haaland will transform this team.. but in the mean time..

I believe subs should’ve been used earlier. And KDB is the best false 9 in my opinion, why is he not used there more? I like foden there but de bruyne played there in some big games. His risk taking and direct play can be used to greater effect with much less downside and he’s the only player with physicality as an attacker.

it’s disappointing to see some members say Riyad was selfish.. if that’s the case then I’m disappointed a bit in him. It’s a team game, and the team stands a better chance of winning things with team play. I got onto KDB for it, so I’ll get on to Mahrez for it, if he wants to keep being selfish I’m sorry but he’ll be on the bench again. And that’s 100% on him.

In other words, pep, I love you but change things up if it’s not working!

His decision making wasn't great last night and along with many others, took too many touches. But that was his first poor game in ages so that has to be borne in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.