26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that really screwed up Liverpool and won the game for us was that he crossed the ball to KDB with his right foot instead of pulling back and turning inside :D
That was the most critical moment of the game imo.
Played big parts in all first three goals as well.

Did some great work in the build-up for the 1st and 3rd goals and put in a great first time pass with his weaker foot to set up the second.

Obviously it's a shame that Foden is going to be out for a while but I'm not in the slightest bit worried because we've got Mahrez. It might even help him to build some rhythm if he's playing every game like Grealish has been on the other side as opposed to being in and out of the team.

I don't think today was a game for singling anybody out, the whole team was superb as one but I do think mahrez was quietly the real key to getting theough them today. Every single time he got the ball he instantly drove towards the box and caused chaos. Equaliser started with him, second came from his pass, third was him laying it to Alvarez who should have scored before gundo banged it in, just seemed his actions were what tipped us over the edge as the whole side pressured them to the verge of collapse. Need that form every week until the end now from him and all our forwards.

I don't think today was a game for singling anybody out, the whole team was superb as one but I do think mahrez was quietly the real key to getting theough them today. Every single time he got the ball he instantly drove towards the box and caused chaos. Equaliser started with him, second came from his pass, third was him laying it to Alvarez who should have scored before gundo banged it in, just seemed his actions were what tipped us over the edge as the whole side pressured them to the verge of collapse. Need that form every week until the end now from him and all our forwards.
He's so much more oc a threat when he is instantly positive with his first touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.