26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our right hand side tonight was languid and lacking energy. I really felt that as a team we thrive on high pace and crisp passing. Of course from a set piece he has the quality to get the assist but I need more from him. When Bernie or Phil play on that side we frighten teams because their first thought is to create something rather than going backwards every time. Will be really interesting who plays in the Madrid games for me Phil has given a message tonight so would be my choice.

Most of the time watching Mahrez is like having chronic constipation. You’re wondering when will something happen ffs -then all of a sudden it does and you wonder why you had to go through all that discomfort.

Our right hand side tonight was languid and lacking energy. I really felt that as a team we thrive on high pace and crisp passing. Of course from a set piece he has the quality to get the assist but I need more from him. When Bernie or Phil play on that side we frighten teams because their first thought is to create something rather than going backwards every time. Will be really interesting who plays in the Madrid games for me Phil has given a message tonight so would be my choice.
Why do you want to deprive him of the CL? Did he eat your lunch?

We played 3 down the left Ake , Silva and Jack , we played just Walker ( pace ) and Mahrez on the right so it’s going to be hard work for him , could/should ? have scored , what a ball , Ake couldn’t miss
Walker isn't much help to Mahrez, and both seem to have a natural cautious approach. Much of the play went down the left (imo), because those over there are better suited and more direct.

Second best after Gundo today (Whoscored).
15 goals, 11 12 assists (4th with 9 assists in PL).

Edit: corrected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.