26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know exactly the game you are going to get in the first 5 minutes. Sadly, not a good one today.

Too weak in the 50/50 challenges and made no real effort to tackle imo. Too much passing backwards.
He won 4 tackles against Fulham. Our next highest player won 2

I don’t think it was a 10/10 performance from Mahrez or anything but let’s at least stick to what happened

I don’t think it was a 10/10 performance from Mahrez or anything but let’s at least stick to what happened
Yes, for me it was one of those performances which looked average on the eyes but stats tell a better, and likely more accurate story.

It wasn’t Mahrez’s best game yesterday but for sure he was far better than people say here.

He got an assist, he gave a good pass to Alvarez leading to the penalty. He gave a very good pass to Gundogan who shot on the goalkeeper. And also a long ball to Haaland but unfortunately Haaland control wasn’t good enough to try to score.
And he cameback at least twice defensively, making good tackles and gaining the ball back (once was after losing the ball).

But I’m not saying he had a wonderful game, just he wasn’t as bad as people say.

Of course I’d love to see Mahrez play every time like he did against Liverpool or the 2nd half against Tottenham. But no worries he is still able to do that and he will be very important for us for the last remaining games of the season.

Well from watching he should have won more, I don’t look at players and think they should have done better for no reason. Let’s face it, most people felt he had a shit game.

The goal assist was a nothing pass aswell, Julian had to do all the work, wasn’t as if it was put in a plate for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.