26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly cost us the game with that bad miss - no doubt he scores that if we were 4-0 up. Then made it worse by giving a poor foul away in a dangerous position. We looked more alive & balanced once we put Phil on which tells us a lot.

For the Mahrez fan group that always say to me in recent matches "Well Kev also had a quiet game" you look at the important moments, just at the right time that Kev gives you even when he's not at his best. That 3rd goal today was key as Brighton were really coming at us - instantly killed the game - that's why he earns the big bucks.

There is clearly something on his mind and I do know form is temporary etc but I think he really needs a spell out to regain his focus - we will need all of the squad and there is no doubting a Mahrez on form gives us something but those moments feel few and far between this year.

I think our best front three is set in stone, but surely Palmer is due a chance when Foden / Grealish need resting. Does Mahrez really offer much more right at this moment?

Having said that, I thought he had a good first half, so he can still come good. Desperately needs to get in shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.