26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a stand up and be counted performance. He looked fucked at the end. He's been garbage most of the season and of course recency bias will bring out his fans, but that was an incredible effort and I loved it.

Well all you have to do is assess his 2nd half tonight against what’s gone before. There’s not a City fan on here that is unaware of how good he can be and in the 2nd half we saw it. Unfortunately, that 2nd half hasn’t been the norm from him, if it was, nobody would have a bad word to say about him.
I understand what you're saying, but as far as consistency goes, I'd argue he's been our most consistent attacker over the past 4 years! And every week it's the same comments, he's lazy, he's selfish (as if anyone gets in a Pep team being lazy or selfish), he's mopey, he shouldn't have been extended, etc.

I wouldn't let him take penalties, and he had a shit start to the season, but he is severely underappreciated by a large portion of this fanbase

Well all you have to do is assess his 2nd half tonight against what’s gone before. There’s not a City fan on here that is unaware of how good he can be and in the 2nd half we saw it. Unfortunately, that 2nd half hasn’t been the norm from him, if it was, nobody would have a bad word to say about him.
He's been our best player by far since the restart, has been involved in almost every goal every game, tonight was his best showing but he's been consistently excellent for a month now.

I understand what you're saying, but as far as consistency goes, I'd argue he's been our most consistent attacker over the past 4 years! And every week it's the same comments, he's lazy, he's selfish (as if anyone gets in a Pep team being lazy or selfish), he's mopey, he shouldn't have been extended, etc.

I wouldn't let him take penalties, and he had a shit start to the season, but he is severely underappreciated by a large portion of this fanbase
I honestly don’t know whether you’re bang on the money with that assessment or miles wide of the mark. I think about our forwards over the past few seasons and Sergio aside (and he had his own issues with injuries) consistency has been a real issue with them all.

I don’t think any of them have been consistently brilliant and yet at certain times they’ve all had their brilliant moments. Has Mahrez been the most consistent of an inconsistent bunch? Possibly.

Once again the man delivers. Central to every single goal. The only one who decided to actually make something happen when he got it instead of being content with just keeping the ball, recycling and thinking that's enough and letting somebody else make the difference.

He's made the difference a number of times this season now after a poor start but we need that second half from him again and again right now because he's the only one doing it. We need the other wingers to start fucking contributing, with the exception of Foden in the home derby none of the others have had a single game this season where they've been the difference maker.

Our wingers have to start producing, Mahrez is once again outshining the rest by a considerable distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.