26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw the best version of Mahrez last night and he's pretty much unplayable in that state. Arguably our best player since the restart. Love the amount of effort he's putting in, phenomenal stuff.

Funnily enough I was watching a highlight video the other day of Leicester winning the league, and was quite surprised at how Mahrez looked. Beating players for fun, a real turn of pace, full of energy and goals. I was thinking although he’s been good for us and recently, he didn’t quite look the same guy as on those highlights

Well that version turned up tonight.

Mahrez will turn 32 years old in less than a month. Of course his level of athleticism is nowhere near close it used to be 7 years ago when Leicester won the Premier League.

That said, Mahrez was amazing last night but we can't expect him to perform consistently. He is in the wrong side of 30 ans can fall off a cliff anytime soon.

Finding a replacement for Mahrez should be Man City's highest priority.

Last edited:
Mahrez will turn 32 years old in less than a month. Of course his level of athleticism is nowhere near close the same player he used to be 7 years ago when Leicester won the Premier League.

That said, Mahrez was amazing last night but we can't expect him to perform consistently. He is in the wrong side of 30 ans can fall off a cliff anytime soon.

Finding a replacement for Mahrez should be Man City's highest priority
Mahrez started professional football quite late and didn't suffer major injuries during his playing years. He can play many years to come at the same high level. Today, he looked like the Leicester guy again as the poster said before your post.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but is it crazy to suggest that was his best performance for the club? Not only that, but that could be the most aggressive I've seen him play for City? What a game!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but is it crazy to suggest that was his best performance for the club? Not only that, but that could be the most aggressive I've seen him play for City? What a game!

And there lies the difference.....his attitude and desire.

If i had to put money on who was going to provide the drive and the fight,and ultimately inspire,during an encounter,this lad would not have been on my list even a couple of months back.

Fair fucks,the penny has dropped,and he is now looking like a different player and an automatic choice.

MOTM last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.