26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holds onto the ball too long. The quick transition pass around the box is on but Mahrez has this frustrating habit of nudging the ball a little bit more, more, more and then he nearly loses it so passes the ball backwards. Meanwhile the opposition now have 11 players behind the ball and the the ball that Mahrez received is now back with Ederson. Frustrates me to hell!

Other than that I admit he is talented.

Holds onto the ball too long. The quick transition pass around the box is on but Mahrez has this frustrating habit of nudging the ball a little bit more, more, more and then he nearly loses it so passes the ball backwards. Meanwhile the opposition now have 11 players behind the ball and the the ball that Mahrez received is now back with Ederson. Frustrates me to hell!

Other than that I admit he is talented.
Strange take as he’s much more decisive than Jack on the other side and that‘s not a dig at Grealish. His ability to keep the ball and draw a couple of defenders to him before playing the ball back to KDB is one of our best ways of creating against packed defences. Pure class yesterday

I understand you making the comparison and I half expected someone on here to use Jack as a comparison.

If Jack beats his man he makes the pass. Mahrez tries to beat himself after he gets past the fullback.

The idea of drawing players to you I get, and both Mahrez and Grealish do this. Jack tends to win free kicks, Mahrez I find is mainly occupied with trying to curl a shot in top corner.

I understand you making the comparison and I half expected someone on here to use Jack as a comparison.

If Jack beats his man he makes the pass. Mahrez tries to beat himself after he gets past the fullback.

The idea of drawing players to you I get, and both Mahrez and Grealish do this. Jack tends to win free kicks, Mahrez I find is mainly occupied with trying to curl a shot in top corner.
I’m a big fan of both and the going for the top corners is probably why Mahrez scores more regularly than Jack. Personally think both are superb but on Tuesday it will be Grealish and Bernie out wide. If we need a goal over the 2 legs Mahrez will be a great option from the bench. We’re very lucky that we’ll have him and Foden should we need to change things.

Very, very good today.

Hopefully he keeps this level up through the treble fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.