#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developing into a very good player. Gives the ball away a bit but will master that with experience in this role.
To be honest losing the ball a bit is to be expected the way he plays. He’s a dribbler and a risk taker, obviously don’t want him doing it in his own half too often but he’s a joy to watch and has added another dimension to our play lately.

Listen Joao,
You’ve been starting a lot lately do to some well deserved play, but if I see you miss another practical sitter, gonna knock you over the head. Every game you seem to have a great opportunity to get on the score sheet and you somehow contrive to miss. Get your finishing boots on and you’ll be heralded as one of the best attacking fullbacks in the world!

The kind of performance that should see Walker start in the CL.

He seems to have gotten a bit carried away with his own performances and maybe the praise being heaped on him. Needs to remember that Pep comment about keeping things simple.

If he keeps playing like this, I think it's only a matter of time before he drops an absolute clanger that costs us a goal or a game, the kind we saw last season at Wolves and it'd be nice to nip that in the bud before it happens.

Listen Joao,
You’ve been starting a lot lately do to some well deserved play, but if I see you miss another practical sitter, gonna knock you over the head. Every game you seem to have a great opportunity to get on the score sheet and you somehow contrive to miss. Get your finishing boots on and you’ll be heralded as one of the best attacking fullbacks in the world!
Crying out to be hit with his left foot - always peeves me when a professional footballer uses the outside of the foot instead of just using their weaker foot.

Looks great when it’s in the back of the net but infuriating when it goes wide.

Offers more than Walker at this stage - though Walker’s play has an important time and a place.

Trying to be a bit too clever the last few games. Great player to have though. Just needs to keep it a bit more simple at times

Room for improvement in decision making.

He's been generally fantastic for us overall so I don't think this will develop into a pattern, but he should be careful.

Arsenal did a lot to keep him quiet.

I do think he needs to chill out a bit though and keep things simpler at times. He's top class though.

Crying out to be hit with his left foot - always peeves me when a professional footballer uses the outside of the foot instead of just using their weaker foot.

Looks great when it’s in the back of the net but infuriating when it goes wide.

Offers more than Walker at this stage - though Walker’s play has an important time and a place.

The thing is, he could have hit it with his right. He had enough goal to aim at to just shoot straight without trying to bend it in with the outside of the foot.

To be honest losing the ball a bit is to be expected the way he plays. He’s a dribbler and a risk taker, obviously don’t want him doing it in his own half too often but he’s a joy to watch and has added another dimension to our play lately.
I remember people used to complain about de Bruyne giving the ball away too much, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.