#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes a pleasant change, coming out on the right side of one of these types of transfers. In effect, £26m for Joao was a steal.

That's some coutinho money working out you've done there, you can't just ignore Danilo's value and claim we got him for £26 million.

They were very clearly both inflated fees as an accounting procedure, you can be sure that if they wasn't switching clubs both fees would have been lower but they were separate transactions. Cancelo cost £60million, certainly not £26 million and not danilo plus £26million.

That's some coutinho money working out you've done there, you can't just ignore Danilo's value and claim we got him for £26 million.

They were very clearly both inflated fees as an accounting procedure, you can be sure that if they wasn't switching clubs both fees would have been lower but they were separate transactions. Cancelo cost £60million, certainly not £26 million and not danilo plus £26million.
We paid something like £27m for Danilo so £53m is probably a fair estimate of cost.

Wasn't it 26m plus Danilo?
No. It was the way the tweet suggested. I'm not 100% sure, but I think sales can be added immediately to accounts as income, while transfer outlays can be amortised over the course of the incoming players contracts.

So doing it the way it was done looks better on the financial books I think, for both parties.

So if I recall Cancelo signed a 6 year deal when he signed, so that amortised over 6 years is 10m a year.

So we got 34m for Danilo, minus the 10m we spend that year for Cancelo, and it's a 24m profit on the books.

I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.