#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what he can do at right-back.

It's easy to forget he doesn't play many games in his best position.

We have to best full-backs in world football right now..

What Cancelo does on the pitch is magic... Both effective and entertaining..

Very quality player, I don't know what happened in April-May, but except that period - since like November 2020 - he is one of the best players in this City team..

Great signing and great work from the coaches to improve him (considering how he played in 2019 / 2020..)

I'd advocate him starting over Walker for all our big games. Beyond pace, Joao has him licked in every other conceivable department.

I'd advocate him starting over Walker for all our big games. Beyond pace, Joao has him licked in every other conceivable department.
On the contrary Walker for the big games where his power defending had saved our asses so many times. Cancelo on the left or vs weaker opposition that has to be broken down.

Nah. Cancelo is quality and would start in most other side's, but even with his odd moments of madness walker on his day (which is reasonably consistently) is unplayable.

If walker is playing well, Scoring from the break isn't an option for teams. Also, he's brought a cheeky through ball to his game this year.

Nah. Cancelo is quality and would start in most other side's, but even with his odd moments of madness walker on his day (which is reasonably consistently) is unplayable.

If walker is playing well, Scoring from the break isn't an option for teams. Also, he's brought a cheeky through ball to his game this year.

Some of Walker’s passing in the England games were sublime. Although seen as limited, he’s still trying to improve. Cancelo is what you’d call a baller. He knows he’s good, and sometimes that can lead to complacency causing a lap in concentration. Nonetheless, glad they both play for City.

Doubt there’s a player out there that has both their attributes.

What an impressive performance yesterday.

That pass to Torres for our goal that was disallowed by a hair and his goal can go along with some other positives that stand out.

Such incredible complete technical attacking abilities for a full back that I think you could argue are the best at his position in the world (Alexander-Arnold is the only other one I can think of to compare).

One thing that I noticed was a moment where fans were cheering for him to shoot while we were in possession outside of the box on near it's right corner, but what it speaks to is why we see Pep look to play him on the left.

When Cancelo's on the left he's almost a de facto 2nd inside forward with his long shot/finishing ability aka part of fulfilling Pep's vision of 11 midfielders.

The shot he didn't take would have been ideal on his left foot. Whilst his left foot is still pretty good if this was on the left side where he was I'd bet money he'd have taken the shot with his right.

Of course, his goal shows he can still take chances outside of the box on the right but those types of chances will come less often.

Shouted at the game, quite loudly, for him not shoot just as he hit the ball.

Was roundly made fun of. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.