#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, only he can be a bit frustrating and weird to watch in a game he has three assists. I guess one of those days still when the good way overweighs the bad.

3 assists tonight, such a skillful player, yet if the matchday thread was anything to go by he would have been taken off with 20 mimutes gone and replaced with ben thatcher. Mind boggling that folk cant see what hes about
Match thread on here is always trash, because you will get heat of the moment comments, no time to for thought in your comments.

That being said, he strikes hot and cold quite often. Just need more consistency because we can see how brilliant he can be.

This is why stats are meaningless most of the time. 3 assists and still a bad match IMO. Terrible positioning and defense. Against smaller teams Cancelo can be a great weapon, but agains Europe’s elite Zinchenko should always play.

Match thread on here is always trash, because you will get heat of the moment comments, no time to for thought in your comments.

That being said, he strikes hot and cold quite often. Just need more consistency because we can see how brilliant he can be.
Hot and cold is Cancelo all over in both attack and defence. I think when the team plays well we can risk it a bit more, but when you have two extremely stable fullbacks in Walker and Zinchenko, Cancelo can seem a bit of a culture shock at times.

Hot and cold is Cancelo all over in both attack and defence. I think when the team plays well we can risk it a bit more, but when you have two extremely stable fullbacks in Walker and Zinchenko, Cancelo can seem a bit of a culture shock at times.
Yeah I agree, Zinny especially in a game like this where Pep played 3 right footers on the left side, terrible idea IMO.
Zinny adds balance on the left with his positioning and left footed ness.

Problem is he and Walker are not as good as Cancelo in creating, they are probably our best pair in big games where teams will come at us and the control is more important. Against parked busses, the Cancelo risk is worth it.

3 assists tonight, such a skillful player, yet if the matchday thread was anything to go by he would have been taken off with 20 mimutes gone and replaced with ben thatcher. Mind boggling that folk cant see what hes about
Its absolutely crazy. I don’t dispute he does some stupid things that annoy us all, but he is a fantastic footballer.

I’ve said for years that City do not need full backs who do nothing but defend, we simply do not do enough defending as a side, to warrant negative full backs.

3 assists (should have been 4 with Stones header from inside 6 yards) from full back and people slagging him off because he misplaced a few passes. All the while we have other players in the side, in more advanced positions, creating absolutely nothing.

With KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish and Gundogan really struggling, I am fucking delighted we have a guy at full back trying to create things, otherwise we would be going nowhere.

Had more assists in one game than Zinch in one season. One of our top 5 players this season.

The only thing that stops him from being the best FB in the world is that he over complicates things at times instead of keeping it simple. He wants to do too much for a FB as was the case vs Palace. If he improves his decision making, he'll be a top top player.

You know what you get with Cancelo. No need to even stress over him. He’ll skip pass players, nutmeg them, dangerous outside foot crosses and get assists. However, can be found wanting positionally, overplays at the wrong time, some daft passes in there and also be petulant. Nonetheless, talented player.

Yeah I agree, Zinny especially in a game like this where Pep played 3 right footers on the left side, terrible idea IMO.
Zinny adds balance on the left with his positioning and left footed ness.

Problem is he and Walker are not as good as Cancelo in creating, they are probably our best pair in big games where teams will come at us and the control is more important. Against parked busses, the Cancelo risk is worth it.
Yeah that's the problem. His upside is very high.

He's one of those that I'd say is constantly towing the fine line between greatness and disaster. With Zinchenko back hopefully we'll see Cancelo used a bit more strategically now, and reduce some of that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.