#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people would prefer Zinchenko against elite teams.

Most people are not Pep, though. Most people would have sold Gundogan for a small fee prior to last season and bought the guy from Lyon instead.

Cancelo was pretty good vs Chelsea, they didn't have a shot on target.

Zinch is a good option, but he can be a liability as well. Today he gifted Brugge a clear chance. He'd be a risky option vs quick forwards like Greenwood or Rashford. In contrast, Cancelo's acceleration is world class.

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad defensively as some people suggest. He's had some very good games defensively too.

He's no Walker on that front, and he's not as stable or sensible as Zinchenko, but we've won a ton of games with him in there without him costing us.

Admittedly, he definitely has his moments of concern. But I can live with them.

Most people are not Pep, though. Most people would have sold Gundogan for a small fee prior to last season and bought the guy from Lyon instead.

Cancelo was pretty good vs Chelsea, they didn't have a shot on target.

Zinch is a good option, but he can be a liability as well. Today he gifted Brugge a clear chance. He'd be a risky option vs quick forwards like Greenwood or Rashford. In contrast, Cancelo's acceleration is world class.
Any defense will give chances from time to time, but Zinchenko is way stronger defensively. Against Chelsea we could have played with !Emmy there and we would still receive 0 shots. I want Cancelo on my squad for sure, he is a good player. I am just saying he makes stupid mistakes and is weak on defense. Against offensive elite competition is a problem. Even today, all the attacks from Brugges came from Cancelo’s side and his defense was lackluster.

Last edited:
Any defensive will give chances from time to time, but Zinchenko is way stronger defensively. Against Chelsea we could have played with !Emmy there and we would still receive 0 shots. I want Cancelo on my squad for sure, he is a good player. I am just saying he makes stupid mistakes and is weak on defense. Against offensive elite competition is a problem. Even today, all the attacks from Brugges came from Cancelo’s side and his defense was lackluster.

Wasn't Cancelo one of our best players in Paris a month ago? Against the best attackers?

It's a myth Zinch is a better defender. I'm afraid the evidence will arrive as soon as he starts PL games. As it often happens, the longer a player is out injured, the better he becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.