#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worryingly similar second half of the season as last year.

His quality going forward is not disputed but he’s are biggest weakness turnover wise too.

I imagine Liverpool and Salah will look to target him.

There's stll magic there like the ball for the 4th goal, but agree with others. Too many mistakes in his game at the moment, too many cheap turnovers.

Made things happen when those infront of him didn't. Few too many bits of sloppiness than we would like but that's a consequence of his risky game, that's never going to go away, he can have periods where everything happens for him and it seems like he's not making any mistakes but they will always crop back up with his game, he and kdb are the same in that regard. A positive display.

Defensively not great today. He lost almost all 50/50 challenges and booked on the back of losing the last one. Going forward he is simply brilliant.

Let’s not forget that cancelo had that awful burglary at his home not using it as an excuse but sometimes things like that can take there toll in different aspects and possibly weeks after the actual event,I think he’s a fantastic player and his passing range up there with de bruyne for me ( but not as consistent)maybe the international break will do him and a few of the players a much needed change and they come back ready for the final push on the league and cups..

His pass for Mahrez' goal was sublime. He tries those alot and sometimes it doesn't come off.

Honestly, I feel like he is more of a box to box midfielder rather than fullback, it almost seems like he is stifled in that position.

There was the thought around Trent at Liverpool and even England that perhaps he should be pushed to midfield and emulate KdB more because his passing is so good. The problem with Trent is he doesn't have the control and dribbling to pull that off, Cancelo has that in spades, and pace added to it.

I don't like Pep making him play as a wide fullback, hardly impresses me there, but when he tucks in he is phenomenal (our team plays better with inverted fullbacks rather than this wide fullback route he's been doing lately). This is why LW Phil is so good, he can naturally stretch the pitch with Cancelo tucking in, this is the way imo. Grealish or Gundogan as the LCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.