27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

He has a place on the wing. There's no room for him in the middle. On the wing, he can make use of his speed. He could be good as a substitute or in matches against weaker opposition.
Think Pep doesn't trust him in tight spaces, but when he has open space around him it minimises his weaknesses (first touch, decision making) and emphasises his biggest strength (carrying the ball forward at pace).

He made a lot of his starts last season in the Champions League, where there's always more space.

I’ve had my doubts about Nunes - but was always willing to see what a second season brought. Today was exactly what I hope for from him - he plays in open spaces and so should be perfect when we are dropping back and looking for the break. That was what he did today and the assist for the Viking was perfect.

I’m still not sure there is place for him in the starting line up when we are facing to 5-5-0 defences - but that doesn't matter if he can come on and give us the outlet to finish a game off.

There’s certain players we’ve signed over the years that you can just tell they aren’t up to it. Kalvin the most recent one. I never felt that with Nunes. Is he good enough that I’d trust him starting a title decider or big UCL game? Not as of yet no. But every big team needs squad players that can come on in games like that today and chip in. Happy for him and hope he kicks on. Glad he stayed and he’ll get plenty of minutes this season with the schedule we have

I thought he could have used his legs in the midfield in the second half, but he was great on the wing. He so obviously has a ton of talent.

Great assist which will hopefully give him confidence and belief. Was a bit surprised to see him come on out wide, but it was a very good cameo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.