27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Given that PR piece just sent out by the clubs website, with him doing the usual thank the fans, someone’s had words. He mentioned that he was happy but just didn’t show it!!

I don't think he's got much of a future here beyond this season - and I still think we signed him as a bit of a favour to Wolves and Mendes after we missed out on Bellingham and Paqueta - but he works hard for the team when he's playing and that's about all you can ask for really. Not a completely atrocious record either, given the circumstances. That's a goal and six assists in about 35 games. Not amazing but considering he plays all over the place that's not too bad. Hopefully he sees a bit more game time this season and goes up a gear. Not expecting him to set the world alight but every squad needs lads who accept their role and do their best with it - I think if we promised him a big move to Portugal or Spain, or Saudi Arabia, he'd get his head down this season and do his best.

This is Pep basically calling him a Poznan sub

“Lovely guy” means your City career is over.

Also, those “special qualities” are things that Pep actively tries to avoid on the pitch. It’s over for Nunes already, and maybe he already knows it and that’s why he has to be forced to smile.

“Lovely guy” means your City career is over.

Also, those “special qualities” are things that Pep actively tries to avoid on the pitch. It’s over for Nunes already, and maybe he already knows it and that’s why he has to be forced to smile.
While I agree that it’s hard to see him having a long-term future with us, I wouldn’t write him off quite yet. We are again running with a small outfield squad, one already stretched through injuries, so another injury and he’s going to have to play more. What a joy that we play Newcastle next!

I think he would have loved a crack in Rodri’s position last night, more of the ball and a chance to impress, but that responsibility went to a kid and that might just have peeved him. That Portuguese/Brazilian machismo again…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.