27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Guess you’re right about being an extra body but if can maintain a consistent standard over such a long season it will be great for the team and him.
Compare and contrast to Phillips who also was a squad player but never ever looked capable enough
Oh yea no doubt - he's miles ahead of where Philips ever was. I didn't count Philips as an 'extra body' because he was simply nowhere ever near capable of playing for this team. Completely useless

There’s definitely a great player somewhere in there. Needs more game time. Hopefully he will be in the starting eleven against Southampton.

There’s definitely a great player somewhere in there. Needs more game time. Hopefully he will be in the starting eleven against Southampton.
I think Saturday will tell us a lot about his future at City. His cameo against Wolves, his performance last night, plus the sheer number of injuries we have, should mean he is a nailed on starter at the weekend. If that doesn’t happen, then I don’t think there is any hope for him here.

I have just seen this posted about last night:

▪️
100% successful dribbles
▪️
100% tackles won
▪️
7 recoveries
▪️
8 duels won

Seems to have improved his physicality somewhat, but you could see he wasn't completely comfortable out on the left (understandably) but still put in a good performance. The fact that he seems to have a good recovery engine would probably help us more in the middle right now tbh, we have been turned over a lot and as shown the other day against Wolves he has the running power to get back into position that Kova and Gundo obviously don't. So the question is, shouldn't he really be in the middle in some of the games alternating with those two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.