3,000 missing last night.

Like ppl say 'Who gives a shit' I will say 1 more thing tho: The greatest player that ever put foot on this planet scored 2 goals last nite against a shitty defence & guess wot? Yes ALL the Ar*e lickers are back giving their fantastic comments praising the Scouser that was 'Mr INVISIBLE on Satdy against the Dippers. I rest my case!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Soulboy said:
While one of our great counter-arguments over the years with rags has been the "can't getta ticket, mate" mentality of all the pub watching, armchair sitting "followers" of the club... I think we can no longer use this one anymore.

I've read on this very site on a number of occasions that the measure of being a supporter isn't actually in going to the games, and if you can't make it to the match, then fellow fans can't question as they don't know the absentee's circumstances.

If we don't expect our fans to turn up for the matches then how can we take the piss out of rags who don't either?

I'm not taking the piss out of them for not going - I am just glad that it seems they will now have to shut the fuck up about how they 'can't get a ticket otherwise they'd be there like they were in Barcelona' or whatever...

I also don't care particularly if a City fan offers an opinion on a game they have seen on TV but weren't actually there - to suggest their opinion is any less valid than a match goer is daft, as in the immediate aftermath they probably have a more informed view due to optimum viewing angles and replays etc.

Me? I will always choose to go ahead of watching on TV. Had an ST for years and can't see me giving it up in a hurry, but at the prices they charge for football now the whole 'loyalty, have to be there to be called a supporter' thing has gone for me.

If I ever get priced out of football (or more likely, move away) I will still be a City fan and won't apologise for calling myself one.

Maybe the rags have been priced out of going?

I paid about £45 there a couple of weeks ago, and if that was the price for all the City games, then I'd have to have a serious rethink about how I could afford to go every week!

Soulboy said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I'm not taking the piss out of them for not going - I am just glad that it seems they will now have to shut the fuck up about how they 'can't get a ticket otherwise they'd be there like they were in Barcelona' or whatever...

I also don't care particularly if a City fan offers an opinion on a game they have seen on TV but weren't actually there - to suggest their opinion is any less valid than a match goer is daft, as in the immediate aftermath they probably have a more informed view due to optimum viewing angles and replays etc.

Me? I will always choose to go ahead of watching on TV. Had an ST for years and can't see me giving it up in a hurry, but at the prices they charge for football now the whole 'loyalty, have to be there to be called a supporter' thing has gone for me.

If I ever get priced out of football (or more likely, move away) I will still be a City fan and won't apologise for calling myself one.

I paid about £45 there a couple of weeks ago, and if that was the price for all the City games, then I'd have to have a serious rethink about how I could afford to go every week!

You could always have a round or two at carnoustie?

1_barry_conlon said:
Soulboy said:

You could always have a round or two at carnoustie?

You know I like to play a round...!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.