3 Clean sheets

Marty said:
Saying that, we look very much more solid under Mancini, even with the lack of Lescott, Toure and Bridge.

Yes we do. They are more composed and don't flap on the ball, He's got them chasing down and getting a foot in, not letting the opposition settle on the ball, something conspicuously absent from City teams gone by

Marty said:
nimrod said:
thats one for the record books then :)
Blackburn away, Wolves home and Portsmouth away.

Saying that, we look very much more solid under Mancini, even with the lack of Lescott, Toure and Bridge.

Do you mean luck of Lescott,toure and bridge missing?

Ducado said:
I often wonder what went wrong for Hughes after a promising start to the season, it just started to fall apart (the defence that is)

But don't you think that the defence looked shaky at times during that first sequence of clean sheets at the start of the season? I think we rode our luck at times. Not quite the case this time. Or am I remembering wrong?

Pam said:
Ducado said:
I often wonder what went wrong for Hughes after a promising start to the season, it just started to fall apart (the defence that is)

But don't you think that the defence looked shaky at times during that first sequence of clean sheets at the start of the season? I think we rode our luck at times. Not quite the case this time. Or am I remembering wrong?

shay given!

what i mean is shay got us them clean sheets at the start of the season just as he has helped keep clean sheets the past couple of games.

i will wait a few more games before i think mancini is god.

Did anyone hear that prick commentating on our game today about our defending on corners?

The same commentator who was hoping boyota would fuck up or Boro would beat us

He was like ''all the city players are lined up on the 6 yard box when they defend and their not even marking their player or following them around the area''

yeh, well done for noticing, welcome to zonal marking you arsehole.

Knicked this off Blue Anorak on mcfc-forum.co.uk

when did we last restrict the opposition to 3 efforts on target (Stoke), 1 effort on target (Wolves) and 0 efforts on target (Boro)?

It really is amazing to think that we could go from conceding 3 goals to Bolton to that record in just over 2 weeks. It's great.

leewill31 said:
Pam said:

shay given!

what i mean is shay got us them clean sheets at the start of the season just as he has helped keep clean sheets the past couple of games.

i will wait a few more games before i think mancini is god.
I think I know where you are coming from mate. However, Given is part of the defence. All top teams have top goalkeepers who win a significant number of points for their respective teams. Would the famous Arsenal defence have performed as well without Seaman or , much as I hate to say it "the Great Dane" for the rags. Teams that win things have great goalkeepers that sometimes spare a defences blushes. Will always be thus.

Freestyler said:
Did anyone hear that prick commentating on our game today about our defending on corners?

The same commentator who was hoping boyota would fuck up or Boro would beat us

He was like ''all the city players are lined up on the 6 yard box when they defend and their not even marking their player or following them around the area''

yeh, well done for noticing, welcome to zonal marking you arsehole.

Yeah I heard that fuckin fat fuck saying that. It pissed me off alot when he said that thing about the 6 year !

bluwes said:
Ducado said:

He sold Richard Dunne..............Honest, I was as big a critic of Dunnie as anyone on here, but as soon as he went we couldnt hold onto a lead

This ^^^^

As soon as Dunne went we lost his leadership and organisation at the back, we was all over the place and wasn't playing as a unit, even now if it wasn't for Shay the back line is too quiet for me.
It'll be interesting to see when all our defenders are back how differant they will look under Mancini (players dont turn shit overnight) working as a unit as i don't think Hughes got the best out of the them.
We have experienced players that have played at this standard and under Mancini spell of organisation, concentration and disipline he can get the best out of them and get them playing as a unit.
You wont see upheavel during the Jan window as i said before we already have the players to finish 4th they just needed the guidance, which we now have.

We've had 3 good results, but our opposition weren't particularly tough.

Wednesday will be Mancini's first real test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.