3 Day Trip To Ireland - Any Recommendations?

I’m a white pudding man all the way, it’s far superior.

I was in the blue light on Saturday, he’s a Mayo man so no free pints! I never mentioned The Swan on Auinger street or O’Connells on Richmond street, great pubs and you’re not paying over the odds.
I don’t know if anyone mentioned O’Donoghues pub where The Dubliners started. Great trad pub.

Actually The Abbey Tavern in Howth was a regular spot for them too.

Had an appointment in town this morning, so took time to wander through Merrion Square on the way there and St. Stephen’s Green on the way back.
Stopped for brunch at Carluccio’s on the corner of Dawson and Duke Street. Beautiful Italian/Irish traditional breakfast all for €13.
All in the glorious sunshine.

Dublin can be heaven, with coffee at eleven
And a stroll through Stephen’s Green.
6875F378-1BEC-4516-93BD-648F4C3F3E04.jpeg
Came with orange juice too.

Started back at work this week so I’ve been travelling into town a lot more.
Just to give a heads up for anyone travelling over. I walk the length of the urban rail line (LUAS) from Connolly Station to Phoenix Park in the mornings and back again later weather permitting.
Alternatively I walk the distance through the retail streets of Talbot, Henry and Mary streets and the back of the Smithfield markets.

I’m sure it’s no worse than what I’ve seen in Manchester, the last time I was over, but there is an awful lot of homeless and beggars on the North side at least.
With businesses closing in the evening it can be like the Walking Dead after 6:00-7:00pm
Just be careful or aware of your surroundings particularly around North O’Connell Street.

The other thing is that bars and restaurants aren’t fully back to normal until after 22nd of October which means it’s like back in the seventies after closing time at around the 11:00pm (last orders 10:30) so everyone is looking for a taxi at the same time. Won’t bother you if you are staying in town. You need to show your Covid vaccine cert to dine indoors.

Not trying to alarm anyone. Just be smart and stay safe. And enjoy yourselves.

Staying in Ballinrobe, in Mayo from 26th August.

Planning on going to Westport, Achill Island, Galway and Kylemore Abbey.

Not been away since Covid kicked off, back in March 2020. I was up in Donegal then. Booked St Patricks Day week and they closed all the pubs. Just my luck haha

Not been away since Covid kicked off, back in March 2020. I was up in Donegal then. Booked St Patricks Day week and they closed all the pubs. Just my luck haha
Try Mick Malloy's in Westport. He might even be playing that night.

If the weather is good and you’re feeling athletic, the view of Clew Bay from the top of Croagh Patrick, is spectacular. That’s not far from Westport.
Equally so if the weather is good, bring your swimming togs and drive to Keem Bay on the very western tip of Achill Island. The tip is like a hook and the bay points back east and is always sheltered.
Well worth the drive.

If you are driving from Kylemore Abbey back to Galway you’ll be driving through Connemara. You’re in for a treat. Possibly my favourite part of the country. Totally wild.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.