3 Day Trip To Ireland - Any Recommendations?

Westport is a good shout but has gone mad with tourists and can be very busy and if you are going west you need a car to get about really and enjoy the scenic places of what that great west coast can offer - MATT MOLLOYS (not Mick Malloys!!!) is a good bar and been a few times over years.... but many others. Personally If it was me I would fly to Belfast and explore that great CITY - loads of great bars, Titantic Quarter, Catherdal Quarter, tours of city, music and craic - easy to walk around as small - from the centre near City Hall you can book bus tours up the coast to a few places and the Giant Causeway and coastal towns - that coast is one of the best places on earth nevermind Ireland.....and it is NOT as expensive as Dublin that is overated and full of stag and hen do's (it is Irish for Blackpool - Dub Lin ffs) - if you are going to Belfast I can give you a list of bars that are must drink places!

PS there is no bias in this recommendation :) and i dont work for Tourism Belfast
Belfast and northern ireland in general is a crazy, magnificent, sometimes edgy, interesting, beautiful place.
Spent 3 days there nearly 3 years ago.
Stayed in antrim which is quiet (but nice enough) but did belfast, north coast (portrush, portstewart etc) and londonderry. Londonderry/derry is a mind boggling place

loved the whole gaff and we cant wait to go back

1, extend your trip.
2, hire a car .

then do .
Belfast
Giants causeway
Galway
Cliffs of Moher
Dingle Bay
Crag caves
Cork
Tramore.
Passage East / West.

If staying in Dublin and fancy a day trip try Glendalough, Co Wicklow. Mountains, lakes, good walking and great scenery. St Kevins bus goes from central Dublin, although not sure of times/frequency.

This is one I’ve thought of doing with the missus. Although I have a semi electric bike myself and have been up over the head on it, but not off road on the trails.

White pudding is always one thing that I like showing to visitors from home. It's excellent, and the two in one version as shown above is really good too.

Aside from flights from Dublin and one night there for my 28th birthday I know nothing about that area or the east of the country for that matter. I really think the west/south west offers more but I would say that given my experience.

White pudding is always one thing that I like showing to visitors from home. It's excellent, and the two in one version as shown above is really good too.

Aside from flights from Dublin and one night there for my 28th birthday I know nothing about that area or the east of the country for that matter. I really think the west/south west offers more but I would say that given my experience.
I’m from Dublin and the advice I always give is get out of Dublin and down to the West if you have time.
There is no doubt The West is the place to be. The full Atlantic Way from Donegal all the way down to Kerry and West Cork is incredible.
I used to be big into SCUBA diving, so have been to a lot of out of the way places all along the coast.

The guys are talking about a short break around the city though, so shorter trips like Wicklow, Howth Malahide even Kilkenny are what most are coming up with.

CIE Tours do however do one day trips down to The Cliffs of Moher and Galway, that we have sent students staying with us on. It’s about 9 hours on a bus, but it gives you a good feel for The Cliffs, The Burren and lunch in Galway.

It's black pudding, with the centre being white pudding. Delicious, though the calorie counter would be a blur! Not sure if white pudding is a thing back in Blighty?

I’m a white pudding man all the way, it’s far superior.
Been in them all. Started work as a 17 year old down in Hawkins Street. (Poolbeg Street)
Christ we had some nights in Mulligans. Guinness is fairly standard now but back then you could get massive differences from pub to pub.
Mulligans was regarded as the best pint of Guinness in Dublin.
I was in the blue light on Saturday, he’s a Mayo man so no free pints! I never mentioned The Swan on Auinger street or O’Connells on Richmond street, great pubs and you’re not paying over the odds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.