#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some over the top praising as he’s not really had anything to do yet but he can be very happy with his start. Seems to be settling in quickly which isn’t always the case with our new signings and seems vocal. you can’t underestimate how crucial that is in a backline, even players as experienced as walker and Laporte benefit when there’s somebody alongside them who is an organiser it just keeps everybody sharp and avoids lapses which in turn makes them better players.

Stones and Laporte aren’t that, walker is a bit but it’s difficult for him I have the same impact in his position as a cb, Ake has shown he has that in him at Bournemouth too which bodes well for the future.

Some over the top praising as he’s not really had anything to do yet but he can be very happy with his start. Seems to be settling in quickly which isn’t always the case with our new signings and seems vocal. you can’t underestimate how crucial that is in a backline, even players as experienced as walker and Laporte benefit when there’s somebody alongside them who is an organiser it just keeps everybody sharp and avoids lapses which in turn makes them better players.

Stones and Laporte aren’t that, walker is a bit but it’s difficult for him I have the same impact in his position as a cb, Ake has shown he has that in him at Bournemouth too which bodes well for the future.

You can see why people may have got a bit carried away with their praise, plus Blue Moon / social media comments often lack a sense of proportion.

Dias has come in and done his job with no fuss or bother from the off. I'd like to see a few games of him in person to get a proper sense of how well he positions himself but early indications are good.

What has stood out from the off is how he carries himself.

He's new to the team, league and country and he's only 23 so we have lots of reasons to expect him to improve on a very encouraging start.

Looks to be exactly what we needed. I’ll be sending a Christmas basket to Aurelio De laurentiis this year if anyone wants to chip in.

Reminds me of Vidic, without the kamikaze tendencies. Best defender we’ve had since Mancini-era Kompany.

Reminds me of Vidic, without the kamikaze tendencies. Best defender we’ve had since Mancini-era Kompany.
Promising start but I’ll be delighted if he gets to Kompany’s level under Pep. By the end of the 2019 season he looked immense again after a run of games. Dias does look commanding though which is something we’ve been crying out for.

Looks to be exactly what we needed. I’ll be sending a Christmas basket to Aurelio De laurentiis this year if anyone wants to chip in.

Tell me when you are sending it and I`ll save something up. You`ll probably need a very big baskets as Christmas is nearly 2 months away.

Wish me luck, it`s a long time to hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.