#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some over the top praising as he’s not really had anything to do yet but he can be very happy with his start. Seems to be settling in quickly which isn’t always the case with our new signings and seems vocal. you can’t underestimate how crucial that is in a backline, even players as experienced as walker and Laporte benefit when there’s somebody alongside them who is an organiser it just keeps everybody sharp and avoids lapses which in turn makes them better players.

Stones and Laporte aren’t that, walker is a bit but it’s difficult for him I have the same impact in his position as a cb, Ake has shown he has that in him at Bournemouth too which bodes well for the future.
I know what you're saying but I think with Dias, he just looks like a good defender. I am used to seeing over-the-top praise on here, you only have to look at the Stones thread after a 5-0 pummelling of someone like Newcastle, where he has done zero defending and played a couple of square 5 yard passes. I have seen enough in 2 games to know he already has more about him than Stones and Garcia. Obviously he will make mistakes and he will have bad games but he definitely has the attributes to become a top defender, its up to him now to go and make that happen.

Ruben Dias: "I’m really happy to be here, to have the opportunity to play in the #UCLfor a team like #ManCity. It was one of the reasons I came - the club, the way they play and the way they play to win, especially this competition. I’m really happy. I’m looking forward to it."

Ruben Dias: "I’ve not been here long but every day is a new opportunity. Every game, especially. We haven’t had much time to train, it is more: play, train, rest. You can start feeling the influence of the manager, influence of the players. It’s been good."

Ruben Dias: "Obviously #ManCity is in a big group of top teams that can win and some are close, some are a little bit far away. Every year it starts from zero. It is a new year, new players in the team and we will try to keep getting better."

Ruben Dias: "My mentality is to be as complete as I can in every way. I’ve been doing my best. I will keep doing it. Obviously it's a big part to have good people surrounding you and to learn the right way. I’m just happy to be here and keep improving."

Ruben Dias on being a leader: "The team received me very well. I’ve always considered that in a team every single player needs to be a leader of himself. There is always a leader of the team and the group but first of all you need to lead yourself..."

Ruben Dias: "I've worked my entire life based on being a leader of myself, disciplined with myself and work to where I want to be. Everything else comes naturally with my personality. I will just keep doing things the way I am..."

Rúben has picked up the language really well. Think he’s employed Mark Hughes as his tutor.
Obviously.

His English is pretty exceptional tbf, it will obviously improve over time (:

I'd like to think that played a part in us buying him.

How can you recruit a leader at the back if they can't speak to everyone? Maybe someone like Koulibaly who's 29 and been captain of his sides for as long as he can remember can pull it off just through confidence and shouting a few basic words, but with a young kid if they wanted an organiser at the back they have to speak.

I love him so far, I was pretty negative on the circumstances of the transfer - last minute, Mendes client, could have been bought last year but they didn't fancy him etc. - but whether through dumb luck or extensive planning we (and the social media team who thought KK was coming) were unaware of, we seem to have struck gold.

How can you recruit a leader at the back if they can't speak to everyone? Maybe someone like Koulibaly who's 29 and been captain of his sides for as long as he can remember can pull it off just through confidence and shouting a few basic words, but with a young kid if they wanted an organiser at the back they have to speak.

I love him so far, I was pretty negative on the circumstances of the transfer - last minute, Mendes client, could have been bought last year but they didn't fancy him etc. - but whether through dumb luck or extensive planning we (and the social media team who thought KK was coming) were unaware of, we seem to have struck gold.
1603290152888.gif

watch his press conference pal (:

Benfica being eliminated from the CL made this transfer easier, Benfica suddenly dropped all the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.