3 | Rúben Dias - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed him yesterday,we look a tad softer and less aggressive without his presence.Our possession limited Chelseas's opportunity,but we were opened up a couple of times and except for better decision making/finishing we would have conceded,i dont think those same chances would have happened with Dias in the back line.

Has any word come out as to the reason for his omission?

Do we know why he was dropped, just curious, injury or performance related or just rotation (although strange to rotate in such a big game)?

Do we know why he was dropped, just curious, injury or performance related or just rotation (although strange to rotate in such a big game)?
None of us could know for certain, but Stones and Laporte are both better with the ball and better in the air than Dias which may have played a part in it all.

None of us could know for certain, but Stones and Laporte are both better with the ball and better in the air than Dias which may have played a part in it all.

A number of posters were moaning before the game that we would lose the game without Dias in the team.

Obviously their panic was mis-placed and the Stones/Laporte combination played very well .

Maybe Dias wasn't fully fit or Pep knew better than the forum experts :}

Bit off tonight, distribution poor and not the best challenge when he got booked.
Think he knew exactly what he was doing with that challenge, but otherwise agreed. Got lucky with the offside call in the very beginning of the match I thought.

Bit of a shaky start then steadied. By no means a bad performance but personally I no longer think in our best 11 it's Dias and another, you can legitimately leave him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.