3 | Ruben Dias - 2023/24

For me the issue is that he seems to be left alone as last man quite a lot.

Fair enough Stones occupying more of a midfield role but if that's the case then we can't also have the other defenders moving forward at the same time.

At times it looks like we're playing 3 at the back but the 2 outer defenders are playing like attacking full-backs. It leaves Ruben exposed.

I thought he was great today. Commanding at the back, 96.3% passing rate, 4 successful through balls, and 3 long passes. I believe the reason why he sometimes looks "exposed" is because Stonesy is assigned to go forward as much as he does, so obviously, it's extremely difficult for Ruben. It's the price we are paying for the benefits of our formation.

For me the issue is that he seems to be left alone as last man quite a lot.

Fair enough Stones occupying more of a midfield role but if that's the case then we can't also have the other defenders moving forward at the same time.

At times it looks like we're playing 3 at the back but the 2 outer defenders are playing like attacking full-backs. It leaves Ruben exposed.

True, he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders being left on his own at the back so much.

Bar his slip which we got away with I thought he was ok. Not vintage Dias but getting there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.