3 | Ruben Dias - 2023/24

Different player with Stonesy in there. It feels like without him, he is more focused on trying to fix everyone else's mistakes, which kind of means he is all over the place.

Different player with Stonesy in there. It feels like without him, he is more focused on trying to fix everyone else's mistakes, which kind of means he is all over the place.
Has to laugh when he is rousing the crowd when he had played so shit. The crowd weren’t the problem today!

I must have watched a different match. I thought he played fine.
Nah. Doesn’t win his headers (not just yesterday), frequently in the wrong position, gets rolled and outmuscled far too often for a centre half, too slow to play such a high line (not his fault). Not helped yesterday by the lack of a midfield press or by Akanji’s half arsed jogging whenever he lost possession, but Dias has been a liability all season. Starting to remind me of Otamendi, only not as good in possession

Obviously a long way from his best. But I don’t think the setup is helping - way too open and exposed to the counter, and a fair few of the defenders (Walker, Akanji, Dias …) are struggling, Gvardiol as well at times. There’s only really Ake that’s been consistently good. And Stones when he’s been fit - but then we generally change the setup whenever he plays and look much more solid anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.