30 years and it's still 5-1

Just turned 18 and the first time I saw City win a derby. Everyone in the top left of the Kippax going mental and hoarse. Went to the Venue that night and many a blue was out.

I Was 16 Utd had spent 10m on there new squad. Top left hand corner of the Kippax. Best day of my life. I thought we would get smashed what did I know.
I was halfway line,halfway down on left handside of Kippax. .right up against the partition of empty terrace between us and their lot.Fantastic atmosphere and one of the most electric days of my life.

I was halfway line,halfway down on left handside of Kippax. .right up against the partition of empty terrace between us and their lot.Fantastic atmosphere and one of the most electric days of my life.
There was always an empty bit of terrace there to separate the fans. Yes what an amazing day considering we were terrible.

I Was 16 Utd had spent 10m on their new squad. Top left hand corner of the Kippax. Best day of my life. I thought we would get smashed what did I know.

£13 million.

It doesn’t sound like much in today’s market, but in 1989 it was a fucking shitload.

Don’t recall them being forged, thought it had something to do with our ticket office and the touts
I guess we'll never know the truth but I was told there was a gang who were into forging tickets for big events and they did a couple of hundred for that derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.