#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No better than Bravo? Complaining about a keeper's fucking penalty save percentage?

Sometimes I wish we could go back a decade or so, before the yanks start hopping on board, acting like it's a game of fucking basketball.

The absolute state of some of you.

I doubt any keeper in the league faces the quality of chances he does. Look at how hard we had to work yesterday to create chances against a packed defence and compare it to what Ederson sees in front of him week in week out. There can barely be a game that goes by where he isn't facing a one-on-one from a simple long ball over the top.
Funny this, seems out of whack. We are supposed to be the best club in the league and yet we're defending our keeper because we give up the best chances? hearing it all now.

Funny this, seems out of whack. We are supposed to be the best club in the league and yet we're defending our keeper because we give up the best chances? hearing it all now.

I am defending Ederson on the basis that because of the quality of chances he faces, he is likely to concede more goals. If he was conceding as many as he is from speculative 30 yarders every week, I would have a problem with him. He is conceding from huge chances, where it is weighted heavily in the attackers favour. That's not to say Ederson isn't infallible, he isn't but fix what is in front of him and I think we will be back to thinking we have one of the best keepers in the world.

Because Bravo doesn’t look like a member of MS13, or have a novelty left foot.

Steffen will be our #1 by next season IMO - Ederson was ok in a dominant team, but now we’re actually in competitive games, we need someone who’s got the capacity to make saves they shouldn’t.

Chat some fucking shit you

I sometimes have my doubts about Ederson but I dont think he has done much wrong at all of late. He nearly got to one of the penalties and would have done well to get near the goals from open play.

For me right now there are areas of much greater concern elsewhere in the team than his.

As for Steffen if he proves to be a better keeper then Ederson all well and good because that would mean he is top class, because despite his faults Ederson is a very good goalkeeper, not the best but a bloody good one.

God forbid someone provides context to a bunch of numbers to defend one of our own players. These really are incredible times we're living in, eh?
I am defending Ederson on the basis that because of the quality of chances he faces, he is likely to concede more goals. If he was conceding as many as he is from speculative 30 yarders every week, I would have a problem with him. He is conceding from huge chances, where it is weighted heavily in the attackers favour. That's not to say Ederson isn't infallible, he isn't but fix what is in front of him and I think we will be back to thinking we have one of the best keepers in the world.
lol, the context of my reply was that the first sentence clearly suggests satirical irony.

Steffen will be our #1 by next season IMO - Ederson was ok in a dominant team, but now we’re actually in competitive games, we need someone who’s got the capacity to make saves they shouldn’t.

I’d give up narrating because you are talking absolute makka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.