#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last 18 months, when an attacker bears down on goal or has a chance, I’m now at the point where I just expect it to hit the back of the net. Partly for our luck, and partly because he’s rarely a match winning goalkeeper.

Could this be down to Mansidor? Hart also lost form when Mansidor took over as goal keeping coach. The coaching staff needs to be reshuffled drastically.

I like Ederson, it would be hard to find a better passing keeper in world football. For an ideal keeper I think his height is a little on the small side, and he sometimes struggles to reach shots that you would expect a world class keeper to reach.

I don't have an expectation that he might save a penalty like I did with say David James or Joe Hart in the past (or say Dean Henderson at the rags). Hopefully it's something he can work on, with the new season officiating there looks like there's going to be a lot more penalties in the PL going forward.

Don’t think it’s actually spoken about enough these days, but it genuinely seems like every shot against us is a goal. Most of the chat is about the back four, but Ederson seems to be making very few actual saves
Look at the goals in isolation though, I haven't watched one in a while that I have thought that Ederson could do better. Perhaps I am just watching through blue tinted glasses but hes not making out and out errors like Kepa for example.

I clearly remember Bravo being scapegoated for the “first shot on goal is a goal” stat.

Not a lot has changed since Ederson took over. Maybe this is still the typical City haunting us?

Ederson's a curious keeper, he's made some outstanding reaction saves from efforts within 10 yards of goal but every time an opponent lines up a long range shot I start to get nervous because he seems to be beaten so often from long range, at least that's my impression. On the other hand I love how he distributes the ball, his flat 50/60 yard passes are incredible.

Look at the goals in isolation though, I haven't watched one in a while that I have thought that Ederson could do better. Perhaps I am just watching through blue tinted glasses but hes not making out and out errors like Kepa for example.
That's true, but Kepa is leaving Chelsea because of his errors. We are looking to be the best team in Europe and not making obvious errors should not be the benchmark.

To be a truly world class GK he should be making top class saves that can turn a game.

Ederson has been dropped from the current Brazil squad, that means they are putting 3 Brazilian keepers above him. Allison, fair enough, (he was excellent playing against Arsenal the other night producing game changing saves), but also Weverton and Sancho are ahead of him.

That's true, but Kepa is leaving Chelsea because of his errors. We are looking to be the best team in Europe and not making obvious errors should not be the benchmark.

To be a truly world class GK he should be making top class saves that can turn a game.

Ederson has been dropped from the current Brazil squad, that means they are putting 3 Brazilian keepers above him. Allison, fair enough, (he was excellent playing against Arsenal the other night producing game changing saves), but also Weverton and Sancho are ahead of him.
Well he does make some top saves, there was not much he could do about those on Sunday.

Ederson may well have asked to be left out, Brazil always have this odd thing of picking domestic players for random friendlies or copa america qualification etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.