#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes like positioning and saving shots down low. Making saves that he used to make on a regular basis and make look easy. A few goals this season someone of his ability really should be saving. That’s what I would call the basics of goalkeeping. As much as I love Ederson and rate him this season hasn’t been his best. To be fair he has set himself high standards so things will look out of the norm when goals go on.
He’s a top goalkeeper without any doubt but this season hasn’t been his best. I am aware that he won the golden glove award but that has much too do with Ruben, stones, Walker etc as his does the keeper.

Like I have said I rate Eddie very highly and think he has more to offer in the shot stopping commanding of his box and coming for crosses side of his game. His distribution is second to none and a large part of why we win so much and allows us to play the way we do. The way he starts attacks or is able to relieve pressure with a ping upfield is such a valuable tool, no other keeper in the league can even get close to him in that department.

Sorry but you haven't got a clue. He's the highest rated keeper in the league for coming for and successfully clearing crosses.

I’m sorry you don’t agree with me domalino I understand that completely but I definitely do have a clue when it comes to to goalkeeping. Like I say time and time again I think he is a fantastic keeper but this season but his own high standards that he has set he hasn’t been at his best. I don’t need stats etc to form that opinion. I still wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the world to be fair. I just feel his levels have dropped a tad and hope that he can get back to his very best.

I guess my views may come across as a bit over the top and I’m being a bit picky it’s just he has set such high standards that when they drop even by a small margain then some people will notice. That’s just football I guess and being interested in goalkeeping more than say being a winger I look out for most aspects of a goalkeepers game.

Found myself watching an Ederson passing compilation on YouTube the other night, which is mad to think about in it's own right, reminded me why I love him so much.

Of all the things were have seen over these past 5 years, I think watching teams trying to press eddy in his first year is for sure one of my favorites. Teams don't even bother to close him down now.

Yes like positioning and saving shots down low. Making saves that he used to make on a regular basis and make look easy. A few goals this season someone of his ability really should be saving. That’s what I would call the basics of goalkeeping. As much as I love Ederson and rate him this season hasn’t been his best. To be fair he has set himself high standards so things will look out of the norm when goals go on.
He’s a top goalkeeper without any doubt but this season hasn’t been his best. I am aware that he won the golden glove award but that has much too do with Ruben, stones, Walker etc as his does the keeper.

Like I have said I rate Eddie very highly and think he has more to offer in the shot stopping commanding of his box and coming for crosses side of his game. His distribution is second to none and a large part of why we win so much and allows us to play the way we do. The way he starts attacks or is able to relieve pressure with a ping upfield is such a valuable tool, no other keeper in the league can even get close to him in that department.
Thanks for your contribution Massimo Taibi.

I’m sorry you don’t agree with me domalino I understand that completely but I definitely do have a clue when it comes to to goalkeeping. Like I say time and time again I think he is a fantastic keeper but this season but his own high standards that he has set he hasn’t been at his best. I don’t need stats etc to form that opinion.

I'm not having a go or anything but it's not really a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

If statistical evidence isn't your vibe then you can just go back and watch him.

I do watch him and I do rate him. Statistics aren’t everything in football as much as some would love to believe it is. For instance someone posted some stats regarding Harry maguire and Ruben where maguire came out on top of tackles and interceptions. If anyone thinks maguire is better than Ruben then they are on a different planet.

I get that it’s probably not great form to be overly critical of one of our players but I’m only expressing my opinion from what I have seen this season and I don’t need stats to form that view.
And as for having great command of his box and claiming everything that goes in there is far from reality.

I do watch him and I do rate him. Statistics aren’t everything in football as much as some would love to believe it is. For instance someone posted some stats regarding Harry maguire and Ruben where maguire came out on top of tackles and interceptions. If anyone thinks maguire is better than Ruben then they are on a different planet

But that's not the same thing though.

Maguire making more interceptions and tackles than Dias doesn't make him a better defender, it means he makes more tackles and interceptions.

Similarly, if Ederson is statistically at the top of the pile for collecting crosses over a sustained period of time then it's borderline impossible to say that he isn't great at collecting crosses.

The only way you could argue with it is if you said that the quality of crosses he faces are of a lower standard than everyone else. Which, unless you want to get into some sort of convoluted metric on how to measure that, is where you can apply the eye test to see for yourself.

He's not perfect when it comes to shot stopping and positioning but he is quite clearly a guy who will run through multiple brick walls to get to the ball and he does so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.