31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His long ball pass rate can’t be far behind, if behind at all!

He’s far and away the best ball distributing keeper in the League…by a country mile!
I think he’s the best passer of the ball in the league of all players in all positions. No players I can think off can pull off those pin-point long passes he does multiple times a game.

Even de Bruyne hasn’t got the capability to execute that pass to Gundogan against Spurs at home last season.

Ederson is the best passer of the ball Ive ever seen… and a fine ’keeper to boot!

Out of curiosity- if he stayed down after that and Ndidi's shot goes in, how does that play out?

You know how it would play out. A goal to Leicester, unless it was against rags or scousers, then it would be disallowed by var and Barnes sent off. Against anyone else just disallowed and no booking.

I think he’s the best passer of the ball in the league of all players in all positions. No players I can think off can pull off those pin-point long passes he does multiple times a game.

Even de Bruyne hasn’t got the capability to execute that pass to Gundogan against Spurs at home last season.

Ederson is the best passer of the ball Ive ever seen… and a fine ’keeper to boot!
The one caveat I would state is that he often gets lots of time, a static ball, and isn’t on the run when he makes the pass.

Weird how that follow through didn't get a yellow card or have the game stopped but a City player kicking the ball away and catching the opponent on the follow through was given a yellow and the game stopped with no hesitation.

I can't see how any City fan can't see how lucky we are to have him. Nothing fazes him, most other keepers would have been shaken after being clattered like that, with the ref seemingly offering him no protection but he was still commanding his area as normal and made important saves.

It's the same when he misplaces the odd pass, we've seen Alisson go to pieces after making mistakes in games, I seem to remember Leno doing it as well. Eddie just resets and goes back to normal. I also don't think the stats on short passes offer an accurate reflection because most keepers keep it far simpler than Eddie does(Leno for example) and aren't as comfortable holding onto the ball as he sometimes does.

Nothing fazes him

This is arguably his greatest attribute. Not only is he at his happiest throwing himself in harms way but when he makes a mistake (which is an unavoidable part of the game) his balls don't shrink. His confidence is absolutely unshakable.

With other players, you just know that one mistake will more than likely lead to another and a dodgy start will define the rest of their match. Ederson has that thing Aguero and De Bruyne have mentally where they just brush it off.

I think some City fans have fallen into the habit of wanting us to follow some sort of Galacticos/ PSG model where we just snap up the "best" individual players to complete their fantasy lineups. I wouldn't even mind so much if our way wasn't clearly more successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.