31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assist aside I thought he was dreadful today.
Distribution shocking and poor goal to concede yet again.
He doesn't make many saves.
His distribution hasn’t been as good for a while. I don’t think that’s anything to worry about but his shot stopping remains very average

Looks to be carrying an injury. Kept holding his hip. His passing was woeful yesterday.

Not great for the Trossard goal but made a fantastic of save from Trossard… was that at 2-1 n’all? Will have to watch the game back, if so, it was a match winner! So I can let him off with the goal he did let in.

Looks to be carrying an injury. Kept holding his hip. His passing was woeful yesterday.

Not great for the Trossard goal but made a fantastic of save from Trossard… was that at 2-1 n’all? Will have to watch the game back, if so, it was a match winner! So I can let him off with the goal he did let in.
I'm not as forgiving as you, that was a shocking attempt at what should have been a routine save for their goal if you watch the replay from behind the net. The subsequent save only became vital because of his earlier poor attempt. If he's carrying an injury he shouldn't be playing because it's definitely impacting his performance.

I'm a fan of Ederson, he's a good keeper, - fantastic psyche, great with his feet and passing accuracy and he's really exciting to watch.
But do I l know for certain that the strengths of his game outweighs the weaknesses? No.

I mean, - if X is the sum of points he directly or indirectly contributes to (build up, assists), and Y is the sum of points we lost (conceding goals a keeper would be expected to save), would X-Y be a positive or negative number over a full season?

I'm a fan of Ederson, he's a good keeper, - fantastic psyche, great with his feet and passing accuracy and he's really exciting to watch.
But do I l know for certain that the strengths of his game outweighs the weaknesses? No.

I mean, - if X is the sum of points he directly or indirectly contributes to (build up, assists), and Y is the sum of points we lost (conceding goals a keeper would be expected to save), would X-Y be a positive or negative number over a full season?
If you put almost any other keeper in our net, given the way we play they'd contribute towards us losing more points than Ederson does

We need a keeper who can pass the ball like he does, and there is no one else even close to being in his league

For example, If we had Allisson in net, it would be a car crash.

Positive because the whole teams game depends on his calmness and passing ability. And even if not directly the team playing that way leads to scoring as many as we do.Very few could provide it in the way he does. There may be a handful of saves every season others might make ,he doesn’t. Not as many as you would think reading this thread though. So yes it’s positive by a long way.

I'll ask Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.