31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our atrocious penalty record has led to our fans thinking that every penalty against us should be saved / missed. The reality is that Eddie's penalty record is pretty much par if not slightly better than his peers. He has a better save % than average - 3/20 in the prem after yesterday = 15% (given 12% of premier league pens are saved).

The link above is from 2021 and he has faced 2 more pens in the prem since then.

In the CL, he has saved 3/12 penalties for city.

All the above excludes shootouts.

I think our atrocious penalty record has led to our fans thinking that every penalty against us should be saved / missed. The reality is that Eddie's penalty record is pretty much par if not slightly better than his peers. He has a better save % than average - 3/20 in the prem after yesterday = 15% (given 12% of premier league pens are saved).

The link above is from 2021 and he has faced 2 more pens in the prem since then.

In the CL, he has saved 3/12 penalties for city.

All the above excludes shootouts.
I don't know where you got that latter data from. He saved 3/20 in the league, 1/9 in the CL, 0/1 in the FA cup and 0/1 in the community shield, for a total of 4/31. It's a bad record. And again, 25 out of the last 26.

Not saying I expect penalties to ever be saved but it is an accumulative weakness of his. I'd be interested to watch all of them back and see how many of the takers stutter before they hit it because Ederson does really seem to telegraph which way he's going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.