31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega already putting the squeeze on as that was a solid goalkeeping performance.

Took crosses really well
Saved a 1v1 - usually weakness of his
Stopped the offside 1v1

He should have saved Nunez goal and the penalty. He gets worse with every passing game.
I’m not having any keeper getting stick for not saving pens. I expect us to score every pen we have and we should expect the opposition to do the same.

As for the Nunez goal…it started with shit control from Bernie, followed by Kyle ball-watching and finished by our CBs not bothering.

I’m not having any keeper getting stick for not saving pens. I expect us to score every pen we have and we should expect the opposition to do the same.

As for the Nunez goal…it started with shit control from Bernie, followed by Kyle ball-watching and finished by our CBs not bothering.

Yeah no doubt it started with Bernie & was followed by ball watching but he should have saved that lets be honest.

Yeah no doubt it started with Bernie & was followed by ball watching but he should have saved that lets be honest.
There’s very few instances where I would say it’s on the keeper for not saving it. They are usually where they guess the right way, the pen isn’t well struck and it basically goes right through the keeper. The Aguero v Kepa in the CC final shootout springs to mind. It wasn’t like that today.

As usual with Ederson I can see his passing is mostly excellent which is central to our game. He’s won the golden gloves (thinks it’s called) and we concede so few. I see other keepers make mistakes and think that any criticism of Ederson is harsh.

But I do wish once in a while he would make a wonder save in a key game (not that today was the most important). And save a penalty.

At what fucking point does he save that? He’s not in the Matrix, slowing time down so he can move faster than other people… there’s no fucking way he’s saving that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.