31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing interesting about it at all. Complete bullshit and a perfect example of people handpicking stats and making wild assumptions based purely off them and without common sense.

Nobody sweeps like ederson, we don't have ederson, the opposition get minimum 2/3 one on one's a game against us, you dont win titles doing that.

Any other keeper but ederson and opposition start to high press us again and that leads to mistakes and goals conceded. its no coincidence we rarely get pressed high anymore because teams have learned if ederson is in net we've essentially got an extra man and its pointless.

If ederson was holding us back as much as this shit tweet is suggesting, why hasnt pep and his team seen it and changed it?

It's clearly not 'complete bullshit', but you can certainly argue over the worth of it, no problem with that.

It does show issues, it's just whether those issues are outweighed by the positives. Pep clearly seems to think they are, so there we go.

Ps. From what I've seen I'd like to see Ortega get more game time, but Pep sees them both and doesn't pick him, so...

I love Eddie and his crazy pass he make straight down the centre which makes me stop breathing momentarily, but I do feel he could do better for shot stopping. Not sure if he’s slow to react or the range of his leap is poor. Would like to see Ortega get a chance but it will never happen.

It's clearly not 'complete bullshit', but you can certainly argue over the worth of it, no problem with that.

It does show issues, it's just whether those issues are outweighed by the positives.

The tweet states "Manchester City would have run away with the league if they had any other goalkeeper."

That hardly comes across as a weighing up of the pros and cons. It comes across as complete bullshit. But I guess it's enough to make people click on it.

The tweet states "Manchester City would have run away with the league if they had any other goalkeeper."

That hardly comes across as a weighing up of the pros and cons. It comes across as complete bullshit. But I guess it's enough to make people click on it.

The tweet was one of three. That's kind of his headline and yes, it oversimplifies the issue, but I wouldn't call it 'bullshit', just something that can't be proven either way.

The underlying stats in the other 2 tweets are interesting, and I'd say I was focusing on those more.

Some of these analysts offer great insights. Others.... they give the stats, but then sometimes I think see correlation and assume cause. You can't plonk a different keeper in without having to adjust your playing style, or adjust their stats as a result.

Ps. All the Premier League keepers are better with their feet now than when Pep took over. Some of them aren't as far behind Ederson as people think in terms of playing out. Yes, it'd change our game slightly, but Pep's shown a million times he can adapt his system etc.

The tweet was one of three. That's kind of his headline and yes, it oversimplifies the issue, but I wouldn't call it 'bullshit', just something that can't be proven either way.

The underlying stats in the other 2 tweets are interesting, and I'd say I was focusing on those more.

Some of these analysts offer great insights. Others.... they give the stats, but then sometimes I think see correlation and assume cause. You can't plonk a different keeper in without having to adjust your playing style, or adjust their stats as a result.

Ps. All the Premier League keepers are better with their feet now than when Pep took over. Some of them aren't as far behind Ederson as people think in terms of playing out. Yes, it'd change our game slightly, but Pep's shown a million times he can adapt his system etc.
Premier league keepers are better with their feet but still nowhere near Ederson, and we wouldn't change our game to accomodate a keeper that can't for Pep it's one of the red lines.

Did nowt wrong tonight.

Was going to say that Diaz left Mara for the goal, but he only did so because of 3 or 4 defenders.letting the other guy walk through them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.