31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I've always felt Ederson has been excellent at is his angles. So many times at full stretch he covers the goal to the inside of the post. Last night the one that came off the crossbar would have been kept out by his hand if it had actually been going in.

That was perhaps his finest performance for us, and to do it when it really matters shows his quality once and for all.

Never seen him show much emotion but after that save and the whistle he just lost it, bloody saved us a few times including the pass back chaos

One thing that I've always felt Ederson has been excellent at is his angles. So many times at full stretch he covers the goal to the inside of the post. Last night the one that came off the crossbar would have been kept out by his hand if it had actually been going in.

That was perhaps his finest performance for us, and to do it when it really matters shows his quality once and for all.

You’re absolutely right about this. It’s almost an invisible skill because it’s really hard to notice but he is one of the best keepers I’ve ever seen for knowing exactly where his goal is at all times. As you say when he dives for a save his hand is often flush against the post, you saw that for the crossbar v Inter and he did the same thing to touch Kroos shot onto the bar v Real.

He also makes a lot of saves where it “just hits him” and doesn’t get credit for it. But that comes from consistently being in the perfect place. In 6 years I can’t really remember him being stood too far left or right once but I see other keepers do it all the time (De Gea was too square on for both of Gundogans goals which is why the second one went in). When do you ever see Eddie beaten at his near post? Again happens all the time to other keepers.

I hate to bring his name into it but it was something Schmeichel was also very good at. Maybe the best ever, he didn’t have to be quick because his size and positioning did all the work.

Never understood the criticism he often got on here. EVERY keeper lets in a few soft goals throughout the season, it comes with the job. But when you look at his overall game, considering the fact that he spends long periods with little to do which means it's more difficult to maintain concentration, I find it difficult to fault him and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves. I don't know if that save in the very last second was going in, but it said everything about him for me. Fantastic keeper and hugely underrated IMO.
It was definitely going in !!

I thought he was dodgy first half. Actually looked nervous for the first time I have ever seen. Second half was immense, although the great save he made was straight at him. I was more impressed when he came out and caught it well of his box. He has been our number 1 through our everything good we have gone. Put some respect on his name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.