31 | Ederson - 2023/24

I love Eddie but I do wonder if in fact he could have done better on their goal. Only seen reply in the ground but I wonder if he shouldn’t have gone to ground but stayed on his feet and positioned himself slightly differently to make Sterling think.
He had no chance on the goal. Walker allowing Sterling to chop back on his right foot was far more of a mistake.

I love Eddie but I do wonder if in fact he could have done better on their goal. Only seen reply in the ground but I wonder if he shouldn’t have gone to ground but stayed on his feet and positioned himself slightly differently to make Sterling think.
Heaven knows what you thought of Walker’s part in it then?

He had no chance on the goal. Walker allowing Sterling to chop back on his right foot was far more of a mistake.

Walker was at fault but this is an Ederson thread.

He made Raz’s mind up for him so I think it is reasonable to speculate if he could have done something differently. I’m not having a go at Eddie. He had to make a split second decision having been put in a difficult position by his team mates.

Purely recreational but I did play in goal regularly for about 30 years and, particularly for matches, would always analyse what I could have done differently when I conceded a goal. I’m sure Eddie is asking himself the questions and reviewing with his goalkeeping coaches; I bloody hope so because that is one way that you improve.

Kept us in the game and with some crucial saves and thanks to him we took 3 points.

He has improved his shot stopping and awareness this season, still cool as fuck under pressure. He may bot be the world's best shot stopper but his all round game is world class and i can't think of a better keeper than Ederson right now.

Crucial saves again tonight, keep it up Eddie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.