31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega will rightly get the plaudits but ederson was my man of thr match up until he went off, made 3 crucial saves himself that contributed to that win. We have 2 exceptional goal keepers.
Agreed, Ederson was good, but with the kick in the face he would have had a hard time copying the reaction save like Ortega pulled off. But why did Ederson get so mad?

Agreed, Ederson was good, but with the kick in the face he would have had a hard time copying the reaction save like Ortega pulled off. But why did Ederson get so mad?
I suspect because the title is on the line and he was desperate to stay on and contribute. It was the correct call to bring him off, that injury looks nasty and whilst he may think hes fine with adrenaline running through his veins, thats 100% going to impede him, well done to the medical staff/pep for making the call, would have been easy to just accept ederson saying he's fine. A totally understandable reaction from ederson too in my eyes that shows he gives a shit and the management did the correct thing in letting him just blow off steam and not making a big deal of it. Handled well all round.

I suspect because the title is on the line and he was desperate to stay on and contribute. It was the correct call to bring him off, that injury looks nasty and whilst he may think hes fine with adrenaline running through his veins, thats 100% going to impede him, well done to the medical staff/pep for making the call, would have been easy to just accept ederson saying he's fine. A totally understandable reaction from ederson too in my eyes that shows he gives a shit and the management did the correct thing in letting him just blow off steam and not making a big deal of it. Handled well all round.
legit assessment

Love Eddie, that decision should have been made immediately though and don't understand why it wasn't in this day and age.
It should also have been a red for endangering the player - despite what the commentators said

Great post.
Shows the players care wanting to contribute by staying on. But I agree he had to come off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.