31 | Ederson - 2023/24

I think he made a mistake, especially as it was Nunez, so it was just as likely he would fuck up the chance if Eddie had just run out with his wings spread.

But Ake is ultimately responsible for the entire situation, so Eddie gets a pass from me.
He almost did the same thing against United. A Split second seperate a brave tackle from a penalty. I would rather he didn’t gamble quite as much.

At least he dived the right way today. That's progress.
The thing that baffles me isn't that he doesn't save them, it's that they ALL go in. 97% conversion rate. No one and I mean no one misses a penalty vs city. Think about how many penalties you've seen recently that hit the post or missed the target completely. In fact, and this stat absolutely blew me away - as long as ederson has been in net - a penalty has NEVER been missed against city (i.e not scored but not saved directly by the keeper). Ever. If ederson didn't save them, they ALL went in. Not a single miss.

Plenty of credit in the bank. Inter was only last season. Pulled off some big saves this season but also looking bit dodgy with some of his decision making. No issue here, Ake sold him down the river.

The problem with Ederson is he can't resist shirking a tackle in the box even when it's clear to everyone else all he should be shimmying striker away from goal as he's never going to get the ball. Admittedly Ake sold his down the river but the tide of the game changed after the penalty.

It’s been mentioned that he would be a good outfield player and sometimes I think he forgets for a split second he’s a keeper lol

He went after that ball like a midfielder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.