35 years of memories

OB1 said:
Chris in London said:
Blue2112 said:
And the meek shall inherit the earth ;-)

Don't get that bit - why does a team from Belgrade ('hold the Red Star proudly high in hand') get to inherit the earth?

I'll get my coat.

;-)

It's an in-joke; you obviously don't listen to the right music:) I'd just leave that thing alone.

I know it is - I'm not some Fly By Night poster, I'm a proper Working Man. The Hemispheres of my brain were in fact occupied last night by this very artist at a little after 9 pm (21:12, in fact). I was listening to them whilst Moving some Pictures for the wife (after switching off the poor Spirit of Radio 5 Live). I know my writing style is not exactly Tom Sawyer, but if you know where the OP is coming from it surprises me that you didn't get the Red Star Belgrade gag.

Right, time for me to Rush off back to the Pleasure Dome to see what new pleasures Kubla Khan has decreed (aka, get back to work). Farewell, King Colin ;-)

Instead of listing each point from this season i'll bunch it into just one.

1) The 2010/2011 season: 3rd place finish, level on points with Chelsea, Champions league football assured, Winning the FA Cup, seeing the team play like a team. It'll live long in the memory this one!

2) Blackburn 1-4 Manchester City: It was a culmination of everything that day. I was 12 when i saw them relegated in 1996 so spent most of my High School years defending the integrity of the club. I think those years made me a hardened Blue to be honest but on that day everything just came together. We were back where we belonged and 3 heroes of mine scored to make it happen.

3) Final Maine Road Derby: It wasn't the result more than the way we won and how we controlled the game. Obviously Goater getting his 100th was significant but it's one derby i remember most vividly.

4) Manchester City 5-1 Barnsley 2001/02: Why this sticks out, i don't know. Winning meant we won the Championship but i'll always remember the smoothness of the passing, Huckerby's hat-trick, Benarbia's skills, the comprehensive performance and Maine Road bathed in sunshine.

5) The Takeover: It was only in the weeks after the announcement that i fully appreciated what had happened, but all the news of the day, the Berbatov tug of war, the Robinho signing and the numbers of £20 billion, £100 billion, £555 Billion, just how much money did these guys have?! It was all about relief that day, the financial uncertainty was over and we could start to look forward and three years on that feeling has proved to be correct.

The guy outside the Kippax with the board around his body which read 'the end is nigh'

Beating the rags 4-0 on the way to the final in Nov '75
Cheating Philanderer Tommy Docherty exposed having an affair with club physio and running past his house wondering whether they were at it.
Tommy Hutchison scoring a wonder goal and then trying to play defender in '81
Beating AC Milan over 2 legs and then losing to Borussia Monchengladbach in the next round
Georgie's wondergoal
Rag's needing their extra man on the pitch for the equaliser.

Spot the penalty here: -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFQAgKpt_wA&feature=player_detailpage#t=158s[/youtube]

EDIT: tea-time more memories later.

The emotion standing in the crowd as we beat United at Wembley this year.... next to the birth of my son, the best moment of my life.

2re72na.jpg

AustinBlue said:
The emotion standing in the crowd as we beat United at Wembley this year.... next to the birth of my son, the best moment of my life.

2re72na.jpg
The guy on the left hand side underneath the E·On sign has an excellent expression on his face. He's in total ecstasy, but in complete disbelief - something that sums up everyone's feelings on that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.