37 years without a trophy

wodda said:
de niro said:
never joke about planes but i always give it out about your plastics, its fun.
if you really from *cough* gorton you'll be embarrassed by them as much as we find it funny.

When I said planes I meant it in reference to travelling to OT. I don't get annoyed over comments made about Munich. Whats the *cough* for anyway. Is it so unfeasible that there is a United fan from Manchester

Do you go to games, Wodda?

Most Manc United who I know watch home games in pubs as they 'can't afford or get a ticket'...fair does, I agree with the affording as it's very pricey but a ticket for a home game at Old Trafford go on general sale for most games now.

urmstonlad said:
wodda said:
Does it hurt that the highest ever league match attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

Edited for you mate.

Come on blues, bit pathetic all this 37 years business when you really get down to it, proper clutching at straws.

Live in the now, take the abuse and enjoy your success when it comes. Because it will come, there's no doubt about that. Just hard to say if you'll ever achieve what United have been doing for the past couple of decades.

"Live in the now" ??? But you're scummy lot are always bangin on about history, and City having none. Then when we actually pull up facts, proper facts (Burton 500; a big group of games in the 30's where you got no more than 5000 in top flight league games, at the same time we were pulling in crowds over 80000!; 37 years wen competitive professional football WAS played throughout all them years and you won fuck all; 70 years and you won 4 trophies!.............) you put your fingers in your ears and don't want to know, or change the subject. Football didn't start in 1992, 1968 or even 1955; there were more years from the start of football to when you started to become a big club than there have been with you as a big club!

mcfcliam said:
wodda said:
When I said planes I meant it in reference to travelling to OT. I don't get annoyed over comments made about Munich. Whats the *cough* for anyway. Is it so unfeasible that there is a United fan from Manchester

Do you go to games, Wodda?

Most Manc United who I know watch home games in pubs as they 'can't afford or get a ticket'...fair does, I agree with the affording as it's very pricey but a ticket for a home game at Old Trafford go on general sale for most games now.

Occasionally, to be honest i've long stopped enjoying going to OT. Dress that up how you want but when you're getting kicked out cos the old couple next to you complain to stewards about you swearing it starts to grate on you a bit. When United take the tumble that you are all so confident is set to happen i'll be more than happy if it means getting rid of the JCL's and day trippers that infest the club

yoda said:
de niro said:
never joke about planes but i always give it out about your plastics, its fun.
if you really from *cough* gorton you'll be embarrassed by them as much as we find it funny.

sorry mate, whatever you say how ever much you say it the swamp has hardly any mancs in the place, you are a london club and like london you are full of day trippers.no heart, no soul, just day trippers, not forgetting their(plastic)carrier bags full of scum merchandise.if it was'nt piss funny it would be a real shame.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00dxvbd/spout_olympic_stadium_fans_decide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00dx ... ns_decide/</a>

de niro said:
yoda said:

sorry mate, whatever you say how ever much you say it the swamp has hardly any mancs in the place, you are a london club and like london you are full of day trippers.no heart, no soul, just day trippers, not forgetting their(plastic)carrier bags full of scum merchandise.if it was'nt piss funny it would be a real shame.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00dxvbd/spout_olympic_stadium_fans_decide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00dx ... ns_decide/</a>

Why don't you stop for a second and have a think about why that is. You strike me as quite a well served football fan so i'm sure you can remember years gone by where old trafford created a brilliant atmosphere with local fans, before football became the sterile money making sh!tefest it is now. Where do you think all these fans have gone:

- priced out of seeing their team
- thousands boycotted the club following Glazer takeover and large numbers continue to do so
- family stands and coroporate seats in the stretford end
- over zealous nazi stewards who kick you out for repeated standing/swearing
- the big games in the season always having the tickets go to sponsors, execs, VIP packages, travel groups (this is now happening in our away games which is why it is becoming so sh!t at them as well)

I know all this happens at other prem league grounds but none as close to United. Arsenal used to have a great following and now its crap, Chelsea's used to be great and now its crap, Liverpools famous Anfield roar is gone...open your eyes and see whats happening to football everywhere rather than just focusing on United

de niro said:
yoda said:

Daytrippers are great for Manchester. They keep the restaurants, pubs, clubs, taxi's and hotels ticking over. When the students go home for the summer, and the rags aren't playing at home the place is like a ghost town.
Daytrippers = Good.
Empty hotels and restaurants = Bad

wodda said:
Why don't you stop for a second and have a think about why that is. You strike me as quite a well served football fan so i'm sure you can remember years gone by where old trafford created a brilliant atmosphere with local fans, before football became the sterile money making sh!tefest it is now. Where do you think all these fans have gone:

- thousands boycotted the club following Glazer takeover and large numbers continue to do so
- the big games in the season always having the tickets go to sponsors, execs, VIP packages, travel groups (this is now happening in our away games which is why it is becoming so sh!t at them as well)

I know all this happens at other prem league grounds but none as close to United. Arsenal used to have a great following and now its crap, Chelsea's used to be great and now its crap, Liverpools famous Anfield roar is gone...open your eyes and see whats happening to football everywhere rather than just focusing on United

Good post that mate.

Sugarloaf said:
de niro said:

Daytrippers are great for Manchester. They keep the restaurants, pubs, clubs, taxi's and hotels ticking over. When the students go home for the summer, and the rags aren't playing at home the place is like a ghost town.
Daytrippers = Good.
Empty hotels and restaurants = Bad

Who's marking this guy?

wodda said:
de niro said:

I watched the Liverpool v St Ettienne Euro Cup semi final (ESPN Classic, full match) from the 70's and as good as the atmosphere was it wasn't as good as the first Euro Cuo semi against Chelsea in 2005! City's game v Hamburg at the soulless CoMS was the best atmosphere we've had for decades!

urmstonlad said:
wodda said:

Good post that mate.

agreed.
i said to the lads at work that the best thing to happen at united is a season of winning fuck all, the plastics will stop coming up from euston and the seats will be sold to mancs at last.
my mates who are rags(pen pals) can't get seats and if so can't afford them.it will not take 35 years of decline, ot will be half empty after 35 weeks of medioce football and honest refs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.