37 years without a trophy

wodda said:
M18CTID said:
Given that average crowds tend to be measured on a season by season basis, perhaps you can explain to us all what is so wrong in highlighting the fact that during your 37 year stint without winning a trophy your average crowds dropped as low as 11,685?

If whoever knocked that flyer up wanted to really stick the knife in, they could - as Ken The Landlord pointed out - have highlighted the fact that your individual crowds dropped below 4,000. And that was for a top flight league game. And just as a comparison, I'll point out that City's lowest ever league crowd at Maine Road was over double that (8,015)....and that was for a game in the division below your sub-4000 gate vs Middlesbrough in 1931.

Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

Not really because its complete bollocks.

Although you obviously feel the pain for Old Trafford recording the lowest ever total for a first class match.

13. 7 May 1921, the ground hosted a Second Division match between Stockport County and Leicester City for which the official attendance was just 13.

Yes, the only attendance record OT holds.

Mind you did get low crowds after the war, 11,968, as United v Fulham, 29 April 1950.

Oh and to blow your myth about no football in the war, OT actually held a FA Cup final there. You probably didn't know that as your Grandad wouldn't have shifted from Ye Olde Dogge and Ducke.

The ground's second FA Cup Final was the 1915 final between Sheffield United and Chelsea. Sheffield United won the match 3–0 in front of nearly 50,000 spectators, most of whom were in the military, leading to the final being nicknamed "the Khaki Cup Final".

Also the record attendance at Old Trafford is not for a Manchester United home game. Instead, on 25 March 1939, 76,962 people watched an FA Cup semi-final between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Grimsby Town.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
wodda said:
Ban this Rag

a) it's even more pathetic that you go on about 35 years when you've won all your trophies, how sad and arrogant.
b) rags asking for rags to be banned? pmsl, I'd ban you both but I don't like unintelligent talking out their arse rags coming on here running their mouths.

a) We sing it to wind you lot up/it amuses us.
b) I think he was being ironic, pmsl.

I've not been trying to wind anyone up so there's no reason to ban me. I'm only responding to posts about United.

KenTheLandlord said:
wodda said:
Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

Not really because its complete bollocks.

Although you obviously feel the pain for Old Trafford recording the lowest ever total for a first class match.

13. 7 May 1921, the ground hosted a Second Division match between Stockport County and Leicester City for which the official attendance was just 13.
Why would I care about this

Yes, the only attendance record OT holds.

Mind you did get low crowds after the war, 11,968, as United v Fulham, 29 April 1950.

Oh and to blow your myth about no football in the war, OT actually held a FA Cup final there. You probably didn't know that as your Grandad wouldn't have shifted from Ye Olde Dogge and Ducke.

The ground's second FA Cup Final was the 1915 final between Sheffield United and Chelsea. Sheffield United won the match 3–0 in front of nearly 50,000 spectators, most of whom were in the military, leading to the final being nicknamed "the Khaki Cup Final".

Also the record attendance at Old Trafford is not for a Manchester United home game. Instead, on 25 March 1939, 76,962 people watched an FA Cup semi-final between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Grimsby Town.
I'm aware of this

urmstonlad said:
wodda said:
Does it hurt that the highest ever league match attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

Edited for you mate.

Come on blues, bit pathetic all this 37 years business when you really get down to it, proper clutching at straws.

Live in the now, take the abuse and enjoy your success when it comes. Because it will come, there's no doubt about that. Just hard to say if you'll ever achieve what United have been doing for the past couple of decades.

they are the most hated club in world football(i put they rather than you as you've probably never been near)due to their cheating diving horrible arrogant cunting ways.i would'nt want success like that.the liverpool way is the way to go,winning everything in sight and doing it the proper way.5 european cups all won with the affection of the whole country behind them.

its not just city fans that have a bouncy castle on stand by.

urmstonlad said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
a) it's even more pathetic that you go on about 35 years when you've won all your trophies, how sad and arrogant.
b) rags asking for rags to be banned? pmsl, I'd ban you both but I don't like unintelligent talking out their arse rags coming on here running their mouths.

I've not been trying to wind anyone up so there's no reason to ban me. I'm only responding to posts about United.

I was trying to be funny yes, clearly I failed. I too am not here to wind up but for a discussion about the topic

de niro said:
urmstonlad said:
Edited for you mate.

Come on blues, bit pathetic all this 37 years business when you really get down to it, proper clutching at straws.

Live in the now, take the abuse and enjoy your success when it comes. Because it will come, there's no doubt about that. Just hard to say if you'll ever achieve what United have been doing for the past couple of decades.

they are the most hated club in world football(i put they rather than you as you've probably never been near)due to their cheating diving horrible arrogant cunting ways.i would'nt want success like that.the liverpool way is the way to go,winning everything in sight and doing it the proper way.5 european cups all won with the affection of the whole country behind them.

See its comments like this that amuse me, how do you know he's never been. How do you know i've never been. If OT was a quarter full every other week then it would make some kind of sense. It would actually make more sense for me to say to you I bet you never go to the games because you rarely get near to selling out.

wodda said:
urmstonlad said:

I was trying to be funny yes, clearly I failed. I too am not here to wind up but for a discussion about the topic

well you're not, just uneducated up to now, that's all.

de niro said:
urmstonlad said:
Edited for you mate.

Are you Manc? Regardless of whether you're red or blue, strange thing for a Manc to sing the scousers praises.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.