37 years without a trophy

urmstonlad said:
wodda said:
Why don't you stop for a second and have a think about why that is. You strike me as quite a well served football fan so i'm sure you can remember years gone by where old trafford created a brilliant atmosphere with local fans, before football became the sterile money making sh!tefest it is now. Where do you think all these fans have gone:

- priced out of seeing their team
- thousands boycotted the club following Glazer takeover and large numbers continue to do so
- family stands and coroporate seats in the stretford end
- over zealous nazi stewards who kick you out for repeated standing/swearing
- the big games in the season always having the tickets go to sponsors, execs, VIP packages, travel groups (this is now happening in our away games which is why it is becoming so sh!t at them as well)

I know all this happens at other prem league grounds but none as close to United. Arsenal used to have a great following and now its crap, Chelsea's used to be great and now its crap, Liverpools famous Anfield roar is gone...open your eyes and see whats happening to football everywhere rather than just focusing on United

Good post that mate.

All a result of the greed that You, Arse, Scouse etc showed when the PL formed and you fed from the trough like the pigs you are.

Of course it was never ever a problem then was it but now that your cosy little club is looking a little shaky with Us and recently Chelsea looking to spoil it, the crocodile tears start to flow.

Tough shit, you started it all, you sucked the devils cock, the time has come to start swallowing...

blueinsa said:
urmstonlad said:
Good post that mate.

All a result of the greed that You, Arse, Scouse etc showed when the PL formed and you fed from the trough like the pigs you are.

Of course it was never ever a problem then was it but now that your cosy little club is looking a little shaky with Us and recently Chelsea looking to spoil it, the crocodile tears start to flow.

Tough shit, you started it all, you sucked the devils cock, the time has come to start swallowing...

So goddamn true, especially the line in bold. They didn't care because they kept winning. They didn't stop to look around and realise what was happening, now they whinge about "football losing it's soul"? Too little, too late.

Barcon said:
Sugarloaf said:
Daytrippers are great for Manchester. They keep the restaurants, pubs, clubs, taxi's and hotels ticking over. When the students go home for the summer, and the rags aren't playing at home the place is like a ghost town.
Daytrippers = Good.
Empty hotels and restaurants = Bad

Who's marking this guy?

You take him mate, I've got front post.

blueinsa said:
urmstonlad said:
Good post that mate.

That is such a stupid bitter comment. What because certain teams were succesful when money poured into football that makes them responsible for what its become. It could have been any group of teams that won trophy after trophy,it could have been you, leeds, Norwich anyone. It happened to be us. Do you want me to feel bad because my team won trophies and didn't let other teams get a look in. All I and every proper United fan was bothered about was winning, the money that came into it became ridiculous and it was something we were never gonna be able to control. When you've got millions pouring into the game how is the local working man meant to fight to keep hold of the club. So your left with a choice then, either put up with it or turn your back on it. Believe me i'd go back to the days of the early 90's (and thats because my first game was when I was 6 in 1990 not because I think football started in 1992) tomorrow if I could.

wodda said:
blueinsa said:

That is such a stupid bitter comment. What because certain teams were succesful when money poured into football that makes them responsible for what its become. It could have been any group of teams that won trophy after trophy,it could have been you, leeds, Norwich anyone. It happened to be us. Do you want me to feel bad because my team won trophies and didn't let other teams get a look in. All I and every proper United fan was bothered about was winning, the money that came into it became ridiculous and it was something we were never gonna be able to control. When you've got millions pouring into the game how is the local working man meant to fight to keep hold of the club. So your left with a choice then, either put up with it or turn your back on it. Believe me i'd go back to the days of the early 90's (and thats because my first game was when I was 6 in 1990 not because I think football started in 1992) tomorrow if I could.
With every fucking bone in his body, if the fans get together they can force the club anyway they want. But you stood by and let yours become the corporate machine that it is, completely blinded by the success. 25 years ago you could have chased the glaziers out but your current fanbase is pathetically impotent when it comes to club matters and now, trophies aside, you are the perfect example of not what to let your club become.

a.woollam said:
wodda said:
With every fucking bone in his body, if the fans get together they can force the club anyway they want. But you stood by and let yours become the corporate machine that it is, completely blinded by the success. 25 years ago you could have chased the glaziers out but your current fanbase is pathetically impotent when it comes to club matters and now, trophies aside, you are the perfect example of not what to let your club become.

A good few thousand did what they could to stop the takeover, they prevented one a few years earlier. Unfortunately our great worldwide 300 million strong fan base is made up of 299,800 people who are just happy to see Man U play and get Rooney printed on the back of their shirt. Please don't pretend that your fans would be any different. You had no problem letting the corrupt Thai ladyboy into your club, very quick to abandon the principles you've held for years about United being everything thats wrong with football and City being the good old fashioned local mans club. At the end of the day money is all that matters. When you've got a 'business' as much as I hate saying that like United that earns the same as what world renowned corporations are earning you've got no chance. I boycotted my ST and only pay for tickets off lads I know who are selling, I try not to give the club any money at all to starve them but as i've said we've got too many fans who just wanna get their weekly entertainment at the theatre of dreams and don't care about what happens to the club. Trust me no one hates the hangers on, cockney, irish day tripping tw@ts that go to the Old Trafford more than the local United fan.

wodda said:
a.woollam said:

A good few thousand did what they could to stop the takeover, they prevented one a few years earlier. Unfortunately our great worldwide 300 million strong fan base is made up of 299,800 people who are just happy to see Man U play and get Rooney printed on the back of their shirt. Please don't pretend that your fans would be any different. You had no problem letting the corrupt Thai ladyboy into your club, very quick to abandon the principles you've held for years about United being everything thats wrong with football and City being the good old fashioned local mans club. At the end of the day money is all that matters. When you've got a 'business' as much as I hate saying that like United that earns the same as what world renowned corporations are earning you've got no chance. I boycotted my ST and only pay for tickets off lads I know who are selling, I try not to give the club any money at all to starve them but as i've said we've got too many fans who just wanna get their weekly entertainment at the theatre of dreams and don't care about what happens to the club. Trust me no one hates the hangers on, cockney, irish day tripping tw@ts that go to the Old Trafford more than the local United fan.

if city go the way of you lot I,ll bet the place is empty,city fans would,nt put up with that crap and rather see the owners leave. utd, arsenal chelsea,paying a grand for a season ticket you must be fucking mad! stay away from the place for a few weeks and see what happens dont just do fuck all about it

This is off a lad I know who bothered to research it.

'Between the 1911/12 and 1947/48 Football League campaigns there was 26 seasons of football played.

During this time Manchester United spent 9 seasons in Division 2 while Manchester City spent 4.

In this 26 year trophy-less time period for Manchester United, Manchester City won the Division 1 title once and the FA Cup twice.

Both United and City’s highest attendances came in the 1947/48 season while both played at Maine Road; City averaged 42,725 and United averaged 53,624. Pre-World War II City’s highest attendance was 37,468 when they won Division 2 in the 1927/28 season. That same season United averaged 25,218 and finished in 18th position in Division 1. United’s highest pre-World War II attendance was 37,072 in the 1920/21 campaign which saw the Reds finish 13th in Division. City finished 2nd that same year and got an average gate of 31,120.

United’s lowest attendance was 11,685 in the 1930/31 season where we finished rock bottom of Division 1. City finished 8th and averaged 26,849.
In 1936/37 City won the league and brought in an average of 35,872, contrarily United were relegated in 21st place out of 22 but still brought in 32,332. City were relegated as defending league champions and in the 1938/39 season averaged 31,291 in Division 2, still respectable considering United averaged 30,369 as we finished 14th in Division 1 but still 1,041 shy of our last outing in the second tier.

In the 1930/31 season the lowest attendance throughout our barren period was recorded when 3,679 people saw United draw 0-0 with Leicester City on March 25th 1931.

I make that 672 more people than 3,007.

In this overall period City got the bigger attendances with an average gate of 29,368 to United’s 25,617. However to state that United fans “weren’t there” is a somewhat liberal use of facts because during the 26 seasons in focus the average Division 1 attendance in England was 23,411 – a whole 2,206 less than United’s average gate, despite United playing 9 of those campaigns in the second tier.

So in other words, it was 26 years and we were still there.'

urmstonlad said:
This is off a mate of mine who bothered to research it.

'Between the 1911/12 and 1947/48 Football League campaigns there was 26 seasons of football played.

During this time Manchester United spent 9 seasons in Division 2 while Manchester City spent 4.

In this 26 year trophy-less time period for Manchester United, Manchester City won the Division 1 title once and the FA Cup twice.

Both United and City’s highest attendances came in the 1947/48 season while both played at Maine Road; City averaged 42,725 and United averaged 53,624. Pre-World War II City’s highest attendance was 37,468 when they won Division 2 in the 1927/28 season. That same season United averaged 25,218 and finished in 18th position in Division 1. United’s highest pre-World War II attendance was 37,072 in the 1920/21 campaign which saw the Reds finish 13th in Division. City finished 2nd that same year and got an average gate of 31,120.

United’s lowest attendance was 11,685 in the 1930/31 season where we finished rock bottom of Division 1. City finished 8th and averaged 26,849.
In 1936/37 City won the league and brought in an average of 35,872, contrarily United were relegated in 21st place out of 22 but still brought in 32,332. City were relegated as defending league champions and in the 1938/39 season averaged 31,291 in Division 2, still respectable considering United averaged 30,369 as we finished 14th in Division 1 but still 1,041 shy of our last outing in the second tier.

In the 1930/31 season the lowest attendance throughout our barren period was recorded when 3,679 people saw United draw 0-0 with Leicester City on March 25th 1931.

I make that 672 more people than 3,007.

In this overall period City got the bigger attendances with an average gate of 29,368 to United’s 25,617. However to state that United fans “weren’t there” is a somewhat liberal use of facts because during the 26 seasons in focus the average Division 1 attendance in England was 23,411 – a whole 2,206 less than United’s average gate, despite United playing 9 of those campaigns in the second tier.

So in other words, it was 26 years and we were still there.'

Listen my RAG bellend we can all copy wikipedia. You pathetic banner states 34 years not season therefore 37 years stand!!!. And another note why your online. RIP those who died in the Munich air disater. Man fookin Ures PR team never will!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.