39 years ago today ! Centenary FA Cup Final.

Hard to believe it’s 39 years ago today City played Spurs in the Centenary FA Cup Final. Obviously the first game finished 1-1, Tommy Hutch at both ends. Didn’t go to the first game but went to the replay the following Thursday.
My recollection is that the replay was Wednesday. I was in the Army near Beverley and I could only have gone on our 'sports' afternoon which was Wednesday.

Still f..king raw from that.

Awful day. It was my first visit to Wembley and I was so disappointed by the condition of the stadium and the weather. I was amazed it wasn’t a sunny day.

As usual, we wasted chances and should have been clear before the horrible own-goal.

I can still hear the sound of the ball hitting the net and then the horrible Tottenham fans.

Went to the first game . My dad bought a ticket for us both from a tout in the alliance pub moston . He paid 50 quid for each ticket. Which was a fortune then. We went on the coach from the pub as well, which was lively there and back.

I will always remember it, still got our ticket stubs and the programme. My dad strangely wore a shirt and tie for the occasion !!!

watched the replay at my grandmas house. Heart broken .

and Steve Mckenzie’s goal was far better than Rickys . Caton just watched him walk through.

Another one here who went to every round and both matches at Wembley.

Funny both the away games v Peterbrough and Everton figure high in the lists of away games where many a tale of conflict and shenanigans is to be told.

Not here went to both never saw anything untoward but did here a bit of carrying on whilst leaving Goodison. Got to say I was very wary heading back to the car that day they didnt take the late equaliser at all well.

The only thing at Peterbrough which was quite funny was people going in the ground and then wrapping their tickets round a stone and lobbing them back over the wall once they went through the turnstile so numerous other City fans who had not got tickets were getting in with them. For some reason there were no stubs on them so god knows how many where actually in that end.

Still find it hard to forgive Swales for allowing the replay to be played at Wembley again. Said it needed to be played there because it was centenary year. Should of been at Villa Park. Wouldn't of minded OT rather than another journey to London.

Still find it hard to forgive Swales for allowing the replay to be played at Wembley again. Said it needed to be played there because it was centenary year. Should of been at Villa Park. Wouldn't of minded OT rather than another journey to London.

Didn’t know that. We were certainly outnumbered in the replay.

Even then my memory was that Spurs were the favoured team by the media( I still hate them today)
Watched the replay in my aunties house as she had colour tv. Everyone had colour tv on our street except us and my yet my old man worked in PHILIPS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.