3rd Kit Release Date - Confirmed

For me, pretty terrible. What's even more obnoxious is that our Nike overlords have for the second year running stuck us with a paint/photobucket fill template third kit. Okay, Barca, you get lazer blue/black as yours. City, neon yellow/black. Etc etc etc. Haven't been following but I imagine all the Nike clubs have some variant of this once again.

You'd think someone over there could be arsed to spend so much as an hour or two even in an attempt to work up an actual design.

I collect shirts so I'll probably buy it so I don't have a hole in my City collection. But probably will grab one from Ali Express or wait until it is 70% off in normal channels.

If they really wanted to pay homage to the 99 kit, would it have been so hard to just copy the kit rather than do this? They would've been praised to the rafters if the kit actually looked like that kit.

Who pays homage to a kit by copying the trim colour, anyway?

I always thought this Borussia Dortmund jersey was nice. Perhaps something similar to that?
b0ce439716feb955428e2eb5402d38a5.image.200x200.jpg

If they really wanted to pay homage to the 99 kit, would it have been so hard to just copy the kit rather than do this? They would've been praised to the rafters if the kit actually looked like that kit.

Who pays homage to a kit by copying the trim colour, anyway?
I'm confused where they've actually got the colour from, I assume its the main stripe colour on the shirt, and not some minor trim I'm not seeing?

The fact they call the shirt 'green' doesn't help - I've never seen anyone call the 99 shirt green in any way before.

A lazy effort all round from where I see it, and perhaps fitting for a shirt that will be worn probably 4 times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.